This would be cooler if it had't already been done before a thousand times. Also I can't quite understand why people refer to this sort of thing as being metal when it is literally just a classical piece played verbatim while you chug away on the root note of each chord without any real sense of purpose other than to arbitrarily and needlessly fill out the sound while equally arbitrary and repetitive canned drum loops that offer no sense of groove or rhythmic substance drone on in the background.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Bar Chord. Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

Kristen, thank you for your opinion. I respect it. You are correct, it has been done many times, however I saw a huge bulk of renditions and felt that I wanted to do it my way. I had fun with it. As far as it being metal, well, classical and metal have alot in common. All I did was basically amplify it with electric instrumentation. As far as filling it out with the root note, well your going to have to blame Vivaldi for that. I played the arrangement just as it is. Those cellos basically chug all the way through just as a guitar would and I wanted the drums to match it. Anywho, thanks for at least giving it the time of day, that's more than most.
Think of it this way. You're really doing nothing to make the piece your own. So basically this is just something to impress everyone with your mad technical skills. But what is the point of that? It's not even that technically impressive and there are a million people out there that can play it just as well and just as boring.

All you are really doing is playing the same piece in the same way as everyone. And to make matters worse this kind of piece gets sufficiently less interesting when played on a guitar, as is often the case when guitarists try to play non-guitar pieces verbatim (neoclassical and jazz guitarists are by far the two biggest offenders of this). You lose out on the subtle nuances of playing the piece on a violin, particularly in terms of attack, which is much smoother on a violin. At the same time... you're not really adding any of the nuances that a guitar is capable of that a violin (or saxophone, piano, cello, or whatever instrument you are trying to copy) simply can't do.

So wouldn't it be better to try and really do something with the piece? That way it is not only better for showing off technical skills but also a way to show arrangement skills. There's no reason why you can't add in some extra embellishments here or there. Throw in some screaming bands, some muted notes, harmonics, whammy bar acrobatics, etc.

All of it would contribute to giving the piece those unique guitar nuances that I mentioned and would really go a great way towards making something that people will actually remember as opposed to just another forgettable "metal" (ie just played on a distorted guitar) cover that lacks anything special.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.