Hey guys, I put together a cool hard rock song with another musician on Reddit/Soundcloud and I'd like to get some critiques/opinions on it. I will C4C, just provide a link

https://soundcloud.com/coreyculler/push

Btw I did the vocals.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Hey man we have the same model guitar!

Anyway glad to hear your still making songs! I liked this one almost immediately, the main riff is recognizble and likeable and i love the almost ska type feel of the verse with the guitar chords. Vocals are pretty tight too, reminds me a bit of Judas Priest with a tinge of Megadeth. "You'll Do whatever it takes to leave a scar on their face" Good stuff! Catchy and really fitting of the genre. Damn, that solo is pretty tight, I only wish wish it was a bit longer but it leads well into the chorus. I feel like I listened to a song from a real band, loved that last scream as well! Really impressive stuff! Now that I think about it the main riff reminds me a lot of Led Zeppelin, just not sure which track it is.

C4C? I'll also be posting some new desert rock/ hard rock in the near future as I got a new recording interface that doesn't sound like ass :P

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1667156
Hey man,

Whats good; Sounds powerful, mixed reasonably well in terms of bass, rhythm guitar, vocals etc. Structure good.

Things to think about; The intro is too long, you need to either have something happen the 3rd time you repeat the intro to make it interesting or simply cut the intro in half. I would recommend the former, cuz the riff is cool, but yeah up to you. Try double tracking the guitar playing the riff, give it more power. The voice sounds a little breathy, you can maybe improve that with some creative eq-ing. The solo is too quiet, need to have more tracks. Most songs have a good 70 odd tracks, lets shit have optimal volume. You probably wont need quite that much, but yeah give that a think.

Pretty good though, keep practicing.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666905
Very slick and professional entry, successfully making a claim as real rock. The angstey rough throaty vocal confidently delivers the right mixture of gritty tone and assertive attitude, and perfectly suits the music.
Closer listening shows that what seems like a standard, albeit a very well put together rock tune, is actually a subtle mixture of a wide variety of influences, with hints a rap, ska, classicalism, and even modernist motifs skilfully tamed within a rigid rock paradigm.
The playing is trim and tight, while still sounding immediate and expressive. The engineering is fine, giving a full rich balanced tone throughout. The arrangement has enough change to delineate the different sections and prevent blandness, but enough consistency to provide a strong single identity to this piece.
The tit for tat between the layered vocals is cleverly done. The vocalist displays a wide palate of nuances and inflections in his excellent vocal, which adds well to the melodic development.
Muscular, meaty solid music consummately done.

C4C here.
I really enjoyed all of the guitar parts in the song. The verses were probably my favorite parts with the interplay between the vocals and the guitar. Overall a good song.

Some things to think about, first there's the drums with the intro guitar. The drums hit on the accented notes of the guitar except for on the 4th line of the riff. Just something that stood out to me and I think it might sound better if it matched the guitar all the way through. Also, more guitar layering would be nice, it would make the song much fuller. The solo is too quiet. And finally I feel like if the vocals were a little louder they would have more power. I enjoyed it though!

Please check out my band's song: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1667433
Hey guys, I've been insanely busy with school work this weekend, I will give everyone's C4C as soon as I get the chance. I won't forget! I'll also take some of your guys suggestions and add some vocals to the intro and bridge part. As far as the instrumental parts go, the other dude will have to make those fixes
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Okay guys I took some of your advice and added some additional vocals to the parts that were lacking. Let me know if you guys like the improvements.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
cool as intro riff - the chorus is ultra catchy so is that killer riff - this is damn good quality

vox are a good performance and suit the music perfect - if it was me id a little more gain to the guitars but thats just me

really like this

but yeah defo get the guitar solo higher in the mix