Hey UG,
I recently got my hands on a Mesa Mini Rec and I have a question. I'm trying to connect the amp head to my Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 cab, how would I go about doing that? I've tried connecting the 8 ohms input of the head into the 8 ohms input of the speaker can but it's produce little to no volume. I'm trying to be careful, I never had a head/cab setup before.
Thanks in advance!
And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
- Pearl Jam
Our minds will never erase, all those fears and doubts we face
- Difficult
Have you used a speaker cable?
Are you sure your amp's allright?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
@Spambot_2 I'm using a speaker cable, could the problem be a tube issue or something else? I just got the amp.
And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
- Pearl Jam
Our minds will never erase, all those fears and doubts we face
- Difficult
Could be anything from a bad tube, to a bad speaker cable to a blown speaker. Try a different speaker cable. Test the amp with a different cab and the cab with a different amp.
Double check that you're using a speaker cable and not a guitar cable. You should be using the 8 ohm SPEAKER OUTPUT from the amp to the input of the speaker cabinet. Double check to make sure all tubes are seated properly.

If it's still not working, you may want to try replacing tubes one at a time to see if that's an issue, double check to make sure that the speaker internals are connected properly, check to make sure the speaker cable has continuity, double check cables to the reverb unit (if there is one) and then if that doesn't solve the problem, take it back or see a tech.
Did you buy this from a store? Because if so just load the whole thing up, take it in, and get them to show you how to get it working—and it it doesn’t have them send it back to Mesa.