Just wanna ask, what pickups are best for bridge?

Is it seymour duncan jb or dimarzio super distortion?
I wanted what is cheaper too...

I need pickup that has more sustain and compression (for ambient stuff)
And or that would push my sound when im doing leads....

Or suggest me an all around bridge pickup. Pls?
Thanks guys!
My favorite so far is the Di Marzio Air Norton. Tried the FRED and the JB before too. Did not like the JB that much the FRED is good for Satriani or Vai leads but I think it does not have a good rhythm sound.
We need a budget. I will suggest checking out Bare Knuckle Pickups if price is no concern.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY
gfs crunchy pat is like $33 shipped. its a decent knock off of the super distortion i think it is.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Jb are pretty decent pickups, they're used worldwide by pro musicians and come stock on guitars costing thousands of dollars.
Cant decide yet.. Anyway i want pickups that would be better sounding on most amps...
I like shifting from clean to crunchy sounds on amps too.
I usually use the peavey envoy 110 on church( coz its the only better sounding amp in there). On the other amp is a stagg. Dont know what model that is, but it has a overdrive channel. I dont like the sound of it at all.
In the other hand. I hav a vox ac15. I use it only indoors and for self practice and recordings.

I think i like the sound of a dimarzio sd. It has more compression on my ears.
But they use that on a LP guitars. Dont know if it'll sound good in my strat though...
Whats your oppinion about this, guys?

Thanks!
Last edited by euanmigz at Jan 17, 2015,
I've had better results with Dimarzios than Duncans in Strats. I say look at the Tone Zone as well.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I like the JB.

It is a very common pickup, and having a lot of character it does sort of divide people into two camps. I've heard it being described as "harsh", but what I hear is a pickup with a lot of clarity that always make my guitar cut through in a mix. Works great in Strats if you ask me.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
My friend had a single sized JB Jr in his Strat and it sounded great. I had a full sized zebra version in mine and it was a mess of overly abundant mids, output and high end sizzle..

I like the DActivator a lot in mine right now. Thinking of picking up a Tone Zone just because I can right now, for my next Strat...
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I agree with homer. I have a mim strat with a jb and a kurt cobain jaguar with super distortion. I think jb sounds great clean and maintains clarity when cranked even through heavy distortion. I use fender tube amps and I am more impressed by jbs clean tone. Both can do crunchy/sustain well. Jb is more versatile in my opinion.
Last edited by malibuclc at Jan 18, 2015,
Danny, back me up here...

If you want a pickup that has a great open sound, but is still even as if compressed, and has a great amount of sustain, I think is one option that is going to be far better than most:

Lace Alumitones:
http://www.lacemusic.com/Alumitone_Humbucker.php
http://www.lacemusic.com/Alumitone_Single_Coil.php

They're passives with a response that's very similar to actives, but they have a lot more character and clarity than your average active. They move away from that classic style Strat quack and chime and move closer to the long sustain and rich highs of a lot of higher gain pickups (a la Air Norton).

Plus they look rad.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yeah, buddy! I have a trio of standard singlecoil-sized Alumitone in a maple hollowbody.

They're damn near as clean as it gets. They're not as twangy as a traditional singlecoil, but they ARE noiseless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUuZAT3FvVo&sns=em

They also have differently voiced versions- get the Deathbuckers if you want to delve into metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTvrmho3HnE&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 18, 2015,
I see how this works.
I think i should try every pickup suggested above,
And hear what works well for me. Lol

Thanks guys!

That would get pretty pricey! I'd look around youtube for demos, first.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I added a super distortion to my Stratocaster. Realistically, once you add gain, it sounds pretty much the same as the high output pickup that came in my cheap Ibanez RG. The RG pickup compared to the super distortion sounds like the tone knob is rolled back a little bit, but I don't know the spec of the Ibanez tone pot, the Strat has a 500k.

Just choose a high output pickup and forget about the others. If you already have an HSS strat and it is already loaded with a high output Fender humbucker, don't expect massive change, you will be disappointed.