Page 1 of 2
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

If you're a US resident with a job recognised by the federal government, you should soon receive your W-2 form. I received mine today. Where will your money go? Or are you one of those who ends up paying the government this time of year?

Mine will be used to purchase a Gibson SG '61 Reissue. If I have money left over, I might get some xenon headlights or a set of Jazzy Cat pickups.
You're 19. Why are you getting so much money back? Where do you find the time to work with all the studying you should be doing?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You're 19. Why are you getting so much money back? Where do you find the time to work with all the studying you should be doing?

I have a full-time job. School's for dorks.

EDIT: Additionally, it's not even that much money in the grand scheme of thing. My wages are shit. I make only a bit more than minimum wage in the US, so it's very possible that someone my age could be making way more money than I currently make.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jan 16, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
Mine will be used to purchase a Gibson SG '61 Reissue. If I have money left over, I might get some xenon headlights or a set of Jazzy Cat pickups.

Very nice.
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm sooooo not ready to grow up.

Naw it's good tho. That savings will pay for a trip to Bora Bora, staying in an overwater private bungalo.

Grow up, son. It's better.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Naw it's good tho. That savings will pay for a trip to Bora Bora, staying in an overwater private bungalo.

Grow up, son. It's better.

I don't know what that first part means, but that's cool. It's still not enough for me to want to grow up because this summer, I am likely to go on an all-expenses paid trip around Europe paid for by my girlfriend's parents.

Die young and save yourselves, friends.
Quote by chrismendiola
I don't know what that first part means, but that's cool. It's still not enough for me to want to grow up because this summer, I am likely to go on an all-expenses paid trip around Europe paid for by my girlfriend's parents.

Die young and save yourselves, friends.

it means this

Quote by Dreadnought
it means this

Oh, okay, I've done this before when I lived in the Philippines but I was too young to appreciate it and my memory only has bits and pieces of the experience left. That's groovy.
I'm probably not getting jack back for my last job, but should hopefully get a couple hundred from a job I had earlier in the year. Which I need cause I don't have a job again. I keep forgetting about tax stuff though. I think I can go online to get the w2 for my last job but I don't have the website or info to get the one from my job before that so they better mail it, and it was in a different part of the state and the post office likes to lose important mail of mine often..
In Canada we get our T-4's in February usually. First time I did my taxes at 18 I got like $1500. The next 4 times I got around $500. I recently got a new job last Feb, and I make too much so I'll probably owe money. ****ing assholes.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

The day I went down to gather the post and found a letter with a check of £500 in it was the greatest of my life. I didn't even know about tax rebates, I didn't even garner the thought of receiving any money.

That was also the day I realised growing up wasn't so bad. That was also the day I got pissed off my head.
It'll probably be enough just to cover the dealer/registration fees when I take delivery of my new car.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
As someone who works in accounting, please do not remind of the hell that is coming my way.
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm sooooo not ready to grow up.

Werd.

I'll probably put my (hopeful) tax returns towards recording my band's demo, new pants and booze.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Either an electric drum set or renovations on my home.
Maybe both if I get enough...I did work a lot of OT last year.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
People spend it on things? I always thought everyone put it straight into the savings. I'm soo glad UG is there to correct my ignorance.

OT: Don't know. Maybe save it for when I go on another cruise. Should be a nice amount.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
People spend it on things? I always thought everyone put it straight into the savings. I'm soo glad UG is there to correct my ignorance.

OT: Don't know. Maybe save it for when I go on another cruise. Should be a nice amount.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am a suburban shitlord so I don't really use a savings account. I am also consumerism personified, and I have this shit mindset that if I don't spend the money, it doesn't feel like I have any.
Free Ali
Actually, I don't have a savings either. I just said that as opposed to saying deposit it into my checking.
Savings for me lol.

there is no suburban shit lord consumer product I want. I'm saving so I can fund my various plans that will catapult me towards great things.
I've done a wee bit of math and I believe I should be getting around 3k back this year. I'll be putting it toward a new car. Mine is falling apart.
bills and such. why would you spend your lump sum all at once?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
comic books, whiskey, and maybe hockey playoff tix
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I never get money back, I think they owe me some in Canada, the UK owes me 2k or so too if I ever bother to file for it
Quote by Tempoe
I never get money back, I think they owe me some in Canada, the UK owes me 2k or so too if I ever bother to file for it

Isn't there a time limit involved on claiming back?

Anyhow, cashed my tax rebate cheque today. Only £400. I'll probably stick it in my pension pot.
Quote by Tempoe

Ah to have the luxury of not needing £2000
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Heyo, it's getting to be that time of the year again. Any plans for the extra money? Gonna use it to recover from the holiday shopping?

I mentioned it in the Chat thread, but I'll be starting my watch collection, as it's something I've put off for a while. I thought I was sure about which one I was going to get, but not so much anymore. Originally, it was going to be a down payment to replace my car, but I'll deal with that some other time. I'm not too pressed about replacing my car after a little over a year.
Free Ali
Savings

Although I will be buying an archtop in the new year. Either an Eastman or that Godin we've talked about before
I really overspent these last few months, so I'm gonna save it.
Though a lot of it is going to be coming back my way anyways since I loan it.

Either way, it should be just enough for me to get back to where I was before the holidays. Maybe more since I've been working 6 days a week since July.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Dec 26, 2015,
In Australia we do our taxes at the end of the financial year, I only got back about $150 this year :C Apparently I earn and save too much.

I just put my tax return back into my savings....wanna buy a house in 5 years time
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I've had 3 jobs this year and lived at 3 different addresses so I hope they mail it to the right house.
Quote by bradulator
I've had 3 jobs this year and lived at 3 different addresses so I hope they mail it to the right house.

Lol, ever heard of direct debit? Or do you guys still get cheques mailed out for pay/tax returns?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2