Ok, got an Epiphone WildKat. Hollow body, Bigsby, some don't like it, some do, I Love the way it plays... What I don't like is if I put any kind of gain to it, it feeds back, bad... I've potted the P'ups, I've tried stuffing everything from cloth, to balloons in the cavity. either the feed back doesn't stop, or the tone changes, and not in a good way. I love the feel and look of the guitar, but right now it's a turd... I'm not married to the P-90 sound, and the Humbucker sound is definitely an option.

So, are there any Humbuckers out there, that look like, or will at least fit the guitar without modifying the wood?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Yeah, Dimarzio makes a few
www.dimarzio.com/pickups/soap-bar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Guitar Fetish (GFS) also has lots of options for P90 sized pickups.

P90 sized mini buckers- http://www.guitarfetish.com/Gibson-P90-Soapbar-Style-Mini-Humbuckers_c_237.html

P90 sized mini Retrotron humbuckers- http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Minitron-Soapbar-Filtertron-Style-Pickups_c_282.html

P90 sized Soapbar Dream 180's humbuckers- http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-Soapbar-180-Humbuckers--Fits-P90-Soapbar-Guitars_c_276.html

P90 sized gold foil single coils- http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Gold-Foil-Pickups_c_525.html

I don't think I missed anything of theirs, but they are scattered all over the place.

EDIT:
I just noticed your guitar has dog eared P90's. So you may need to wait for someone that knows a reputable place that makes & sells Dog Eared P90 sized HB's.

I'll leave my post up though since it could help someone else out in the future.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jan 17, 2015,
Thanks guys for the responses, Way Cool JR. Great stuff there... But alas, you're right.. either Dog Ear covers, or Dog ear humbuckers...

Found this, but no clue where to get it... LOL
(Invalid img)
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Jan 17, 2015,
contact www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/ they will custom make you pickups. You might also want to look at Bareknuckle they have some p90 offerings that you might like.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
WOW Rob.. custom?.. by putting off the shelf humbuckers on it, I'll just about be doubling the value of the guitar.. LMAO.. they got some really nice stuff though...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Hmmm Yep.. 340US for the set will double what I paid for the guitar.. but Great Choice... Also got another Idea from the S.D. site... Strat Pups under a dogear shell... I got 2 maybe 3 sets of Strat pups laying around...

I'm going to check tomorrow to see if the holes line up...

Thanks again guys for all the GREAT info..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Guitar Fetish (GFS) also has lots of options for P90 sized pickups.

Hi all, thought I would add my $0.02 about GFS Mini Humbuckers. I bought a set to go in my Hamer Artist P90 guitar. I was definitely not happy with the pickups, especially the neck pup. It seemed to be defective with the bass notes sounding at about half the output of treble strings. No, raising the polepieces did nothing to help.

The pickups have nice output, but the bass is TERRIBLE mush and just has no definition at all. The bass strings have no punch, spank, or harmonic richness. Maybe OK for an $80 investment on a cheap instrument, but in the Hamer - well the pickups just did not match the quality of the guitar.

So.... I bit the bullet and bought a set of Lollars. By comparison, the GFS pickups are NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. Not by a mile. Honestly, it's like putting a Squier Strat up against a Custom Shop Strat.

I realize that the Lollars are pricey, but they are worth it. I have compared them to Duncans, and even the Duncans are not even close to the harmonic complexity you get from the Lollar Mini Hum. The Lollar pickups are beasts and snarl like a mofo, but clean up gloriously with volume reduction or changes in pick attack.

Save your dimes and nickles, and when you get enough cash, splurge for the Lollars. You will not be disappointed. To me, the Lollars are about the only choice out there. The Fralins don't have the snarl. Duncans don't have the harmonic richness. I know they are expensive. But with some things, you do actually get what you pay for. The Lollars set me back $365 with shipping, but honestly, I consider it money well spent because the guitar just sings now.
Quote by gahboo
Hi all, thought I would add my $0.02 about GFS Mini Humbuckers. I bought a set to go in my Hamer Artist P90 guitar. I was definitely not happy with the pickups, especially the neck pup. It seemed to be defective with the bass notes sounding at about half the output of treble strings. No, raising the polepieces did nothing to help.

The pickups have nice output, but the bass is TERRIBLE mush and just has no definition at all. The bass strings have no punch, spank, or harmonic richness. Maybe OK for an $80 investment on a cheap instrument, but in the Hamer - well the pickups just did not match the quality of the guitar.

So.... I bit the bullet and bought a set of Lollars. By comparison, the GFS pickups are NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. Not by a mile. Honestly, it's like putting a Squier Strat up against a Custom Shop Strat.

I realize that the Lollars are pricey, but they are worth it. I have compared them to Duncans, and even the Duncans are not even close to the harmonic complexity you get from the Lollar Mini Hum. The Lollar pickups are beasts and snarl like a mofo, but clean up gloriously with volume reduction or changes in pick attack.

Save your dimes and nickles, and when you get enough cash, splurge for the Lollars. You will not be disappointed. To me, the Lollars are about the only choice out there. The Fralins don't have the snarl. Duncans don't have the harmonic richness. I know they are expensive. But with some things, you do actually get what you pay for. The Lollars set me back $365 with shipping, but honestly, I consider it money well spent because the guitar just sings now.

I'v seen this same post in 2 old threads now (alright this ones not that old) mentioning GFS. So do you plan on digging up all the old posts to post this?

Are you sure you installed them properly? It's amazing how many people install GFS pups improperly and then wounder why they don't sound right. I know tone is all subjective, but you can't fairly judge a pup if it's improperly installed.

like already stated tone is all subjective, so even if you did install them properly and just didn't like them doesn't mean everyone else wont like them either. That's just not how it works, no matter how much you spend on a pup.