So I've started playing bass a little while ago and I really like it. I decided i'm ready for a second bass, and I've been considering building my own bass using warmoth parts. I have absolutely NO luthier experience and minimal knowledge of electronics. Should I build this bass, or wait and just buy one? Thanks guys
Building a bass from Warmoth parts (or any company's parts) is quite easy IF AND ONLY IF:

1.) The mounting holes are pre-drilled into the bolt-on neck
2.) All of the necessary holes are pre-drilled into the bass body

Assuming that this is the case, the only thing that requires any sort of skill is soldering the electric components (pickups, pots, jack, and any switches) together. Of course, you will have to set the truss rod curvature, the action height, and the intonation. These are not difficult, but they do have to be done properly.

If ALL of the necessary holes are not pre-drilled, then do not even attempt it unless you have a fair amount of skill, and a very good set of all of the necessary tools and jigs. Otherwise, your bass will not play properly, intonate properly, or feel good when you try to play it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If you want a semi-custom instrument and you're willing to go through the work to put it together then a warmoth bass would be a solid idea. Just bear in mind that it'll probably wind up costing you just as much if not more than if you were to just buy a bass off the shelf.

If you just want to upgrade to a better bass and just need a solid workhorse, I'd nearly always suggest just buying a bass. Assembling/building one is fun, but its only really worth it if you really want that experience, or if there's simply no other bass out there that you find suitable.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I'd suggest against building a Warmoth bass and FOR buying a good used bass.

I have a Warmoth based guitar. Warmoth quality is good, but it's the assembly process and the completion that makes all the difference. And resale will be extremely disappointing.

Warmoth necks come with the frets installed, but it's up to you to complete the fretwork (leveled, crowned, etc.). It's not a matter of simply bolting a guitar together like a model airplane. Far too often the results are terrible and you end up having to take the whole thing to a good tech to make it right.

The next buyer knows that, no matter what the individual components' values might have been, the completed guitar could very well be WAY out of rig and even unrecoverable. So it's difficult to get a resale buyer to take a chance on the skill level that went into completion.

With a good used bass, however, you save the initial depreciation hit and, if the previous owner took care of his instrument, you should have at least initial construction levels of quality and playability. Generally, the more expensive the bass was originally, the more likely it is to have been taken care of. I have an '89 Carvin neck-through LB75 (5-string, actives, ebony f/b, MOP inlays) that's pristine, with a first owner who originally fancied himself a Whitesnake candidate but who eventually moved to bowtie and leather elbow patches jazz and just felt that the Ferrari red guitar with the droop-Jacksonesque headstock didn't match his new image. What I paid was far below whatever I would have paid for Warmoth bits, but what I ended up with is far more than any Warmoth could ever have been.
Save your money and buy a nice bass. At the end of the day, it's not worth building your own. I Never play the one I built. Now I just wee it as a pile of wasted cash sitting in the corner that could be a nice new bass.