Hi. So I've been on the hunt for a new guitar, and pretty much walked into 7 music shops with no luck. The body has often been uncomfortably large or the neck has be too long. I had found the 'Ibanez Aeg24Ii Tgb Acoustic-Electric Guitar With Pickup' which was the best fit.

Neck length: 634mm

Body Dimensions
a : Length 19 1/4"
b : Width 15"

However, before I purchased it, I was wondering if there were any other guitars (real wood; preferable a black finish or a natural one) that kind of has the same dimensions as the above. I'd then, of course, visit a music store that has it in stock and test it out; just visiting store without any notion of the guitar I want is a little time consuming and vexing. Thank you so much.

Kind regards.
Quote by RL36
Hi. So I've been on the hunt for a new guitar, and pretty much walked into 7 music shops with no luck. The body has often been uncomfortably large or the neck has be too long. I had found the 'Ibanez Aeg24Ii Tgb Acoustic-Electric Guitar With Pickup' which was the best fit.

Neck length: 634mm

Body Dimensions
a : Length 19 1/4"
b : Width 15"

However, before I purchased it, I was wondering if there were any other guitars (real wood; preferable a black finish or a natural one) that kind of has the same dimensions as the above. I'd then, of course, visit a music store that has it in stock and test it out; just visiting store without any notion of the guitar I want is a little time consuming and vexing. Thank you so much.

Kind regards.

You are thinking too much.....
One cannot learn without making any mistakes.

If you find Ibanez Aeg24Ii to be good,buy it!
Do you know much about guitars? Specific dimensions shouldn't be top of your requirement list. If you're a beginner no guitar will feel perfect until you know what you're doing with it. Even if you've been playing a while, picking up a new guitar that you aren't used to can always feel a bit strange. Look for one which plays and sounds well, and is set up properly (this can be fixed later but it's good to find one already in good shape), and you'll be fine.
According to the specs I was able to find, (it's no longer in Ibanez' line), this is a guitar aimed at stand up stage use. You're probably responding favorably to what the hype is calling, "an ultra thin body". Electrics are much easier to play from the start because you don't have to reach around a 5" , (or is that 125mm give or take (?)), body.

Second, the guitar is laminated maple, including the top. Maple has its own sound, which is bright, reflective and precise, with limited harmonic overtones. (IMHO + that of many others), it's better suited as a body wood, with one of the softwoods, spruce or cedar, used as the sound board on an instrument intended to be played without amplification.

As for alternatives, this forum's recommendations usually run toward Yamaha, most often the FG-700, (acoustic only), and the equivalent FGX-700 if electric-acoustic is desired. Keep in mind those guitars are full depth, solid spruce top.

I have two Ibanez acoustics, both AEL, (their largest bodies). Both are reasonably well made, and Ibanez electronics are top notch in their price class. However, my two solid top acoustics, a Fender "Sonoran", and an Epiphone, "EJ-200SCE" sound better unplugged. The EJ-200 is the best of the bunch, but it extra huge. If you like the feel of the Ibanez in question, the Epi super jumbo would be a severe cultural and physical shock to your system.

To sum it up, the Ibanez should be quite bright, along with being crippled in overall volume and harmonic content. It will work best in the context of being plugged into a decent small acoustic amp. The 3 band EQ can easily roll off any excess high end and tame the sound, but you do have to reach some sort of threshold volume to squelch the clatter coming from the guitar itself. (This attaches to any similar type of instrument, no only to this Ibanez).

So, I this guitar inspires you, by all means, go for it. You can also cogitate on it for awhile, and try to see if you will become accustomed to a full depth body.

I've owned and played electrics and arrived at the conclusion, electrics are better to play standing, while acoustics are better to play sitting.

The Ibbys are always pretty, and flamed maple is always a favorite finish
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 18, 2015,
Quote by derek8520
Do you know much about guitars? Specific dimensions shouldn't be top of your requirement list. If you're a beginner no guitar will feel perfect until you know what you're doing with it. Even if you've been playing a while, picking up a new guitar that you aren't used to can always feel a bit strange. Look for one which plays and sounds well, and is set up properly (this can be fixed later but it's good to find one already in good shape), and you'll be fine.

No, I've played for years now. It's just that my current one's body is quite large, and every time I'm playing whilst sitting down, my arm gets very uncomfortable as it's too high for me when I rest upon it. Hence, dimensions are quite important.
Quote by Captaincranky
According to the specs I was able to find, (it's no longer in Ibanez' line), this is a guitar aimed at stand up stage use. You're probably responding favorably to what the hype is calling, "an ultra thin body". Electrics are much easier to play from the start because you don't have to reach around a 5" , (or is that 125mm give or take (?)), body.

Second, the guitar is laminated maple, including the top. Maple has its own sound, which is bright, reflective and precise, with limited harmonic overtones. (IMHO + that of many others), it's better suited as a body wood, with one of the softwoods, spruce or cedar, used as the sound board on an instrument intended to be played without amplification.

As for alternatives, this forum's recommendations usually run toward Yamaha, most often the FG-700, (acoustic only), and the equivalent FGX-700 if electric-acoustic is desired. Keep in mind those guitars are full depth, solid spruce top.

I have two Ibanez acoustics, both AEL, (their largest bodies). Both are reasonably well made, and Ibanez electronics are top notch in their price class. However, my two solid top acoustics, a Fender "Sonoran", and an Epiphone, "EJ-200SCE" sound better unplugged. The EJ-200 is the best of the bunch, but it extra huge. If you like the feel of the Ibanez in question, the Epi super jumbo would be a severe cultural and physical shock to your system.

To sum it up, the Ibanez should be quite bright, along with being crippled in overall volume and harmonic content. It will work best in the context of being plugged into a decent small acoustic amp. The 3 band EQ can easily roll off any excess high end and tame the sound, but you do have to reach some sort of threshold volume to squelch the clatter coming from the guitar itself. (This attaches to any similar type of instrument, no only to this Ibanez).

So, I this guitar inspires you, by all means, go for it. You can also cogitate on it for awhile, and try to see if you will become accustomed to a full depth body.

I've owned and played electrics and arrived at the conclusion, electrics are better to play standing, while acoustics are better to play sitting.

The Ibbys are always pretty, and flamed maple is always a favorite finish

No, this has nothing to do with hype; just comfort due to the sizing. I've already got an acoustic so I was looking from an electric. Thanks so much for the review.

Kind regards.
Quote by Tony Done
Have a look at the Recording King line if you can. They make some nice small bodies.

I've never heard of them before; thanks. I'll be sure to check them out.

Kind regards.
Quote by Adam Meachem
Check into a La Patrie Hybrid Black.
They are awesome guitars and may be what you are looking for...

http://www.lapatrieguitars.com/guitarshybridblack.html

What is your price range, and what do you want to play with it?

Are you set on a steel string, or would you consider a nylon string?

Yes, I'm quite set on steel string. I already own a nylon string, and am not considering in purchasing more. Less than $1000 would be the price range currently and I'm play it with simply vocals, and with a band.

I'll look at that guitar. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kind regards.