Hi guys! For my latest project I am building a black walnut and white oak neck through fretless guitar. The neck will be solid black walnut and I want to get it more of a rosewood color. How do I go about this?
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal
a stain or strong dye would help. I'm no carpenter but for example I've seen Dean Zelinsky who used to own Dean guitars new company has some models he "ebonized" rosewood. So it is black like ebony but has the sound and all of rosewood.

India Ink , shoe polish or a few other things come up but always put into consideration that not every wood is the same. Some absorb dyes/stains very easily, others don't. Google for assurance. For example a flamed maple fretboard you can make any color like so.

Did you mean that you want to get it closer to ebony in colour? Rosewood is usually only a little darker and deeper than walnut. I'd advise against using a standard black dye - they often give a blue tint. A lot of people use a black leather dye (Fiebing is popular) to 'ebonise' wood.
No I meant rosewood. I don't want it to be so black the grain goes away. I've heard of guys using vinegar and nails or steel wool to stain things blacker, but sometimes it turns out grey. Just wanted to see what other options there are
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal