I'm in need of new headphones. I've heard very good stuff about the AKG K44 and I can get pretty good prices for it where I live.
I'll use it for everything from tracking to mixing, sadly, I can't afford a decent pair of monitors for now.

So, in this price range can I go any better than the AKG K44?
Quote by mp8andrade
I'm in need of new headphones. I've heard very good stuff about the AKG K44 and I can get pretty good prices for it where I live.
I'll use it for everything from tracking to mixing, sadly, I can't afford a decent pair of monitors for now.

So, in this price range can I go any better than the AKG K44?

I can't imagine those will give you anything close to an accurate response. What's your budget?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I can't imagine those will give you anything close to an accurate response. What's your budget?

It's not about an accurate response, I know I'll only get it with a good pair of monitors, it's more about the best I can get with my money.

I'm on a 200 BRL budget which translates into 76 USD, but taking into account how more expensive things are around here I'd say I'm on something close to 20-35 USD. For example: the K44 is being sold for 22 USD in Amazon (about 58 BRL), here it's being sold for about 190 BRL (about 72 USD).
Quote by mp8andrade
It's not about an accurate response, I know I'll only get it with a good pair of monitors
It's not like that.
Well not that drastic at least - a mid end pair of monitors will give you a sound accurate enough (well some of them at least), and some headphones will give you a fairly accurate sound even without costing THAT much.
Quote by mp8andrade
I'm on a 200 BRL budget which translates into 76 USD, but taking into account how more expensive things are around here I'd say I'm on something close to 20-35 USD.
See if you can find any superlux headphones.
They sound cheap to me, but way less than any other pair for that money.

If stuff's so much mroe expensive you may also consider having it shipped to you from another country - stuff might end up costing less even after shipping and taxes.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I looked up some Superlux headphones and found some brand new HD681 for around 120 BRL (about 46 USD). Looking at some reviews it seems like a way better deal than the K44.

Any thoughts on the HD681?

Edit: Also found a Superlux HD669 for around the same price as the K44 and reviews seem to be very good for this one. I'll probably be getting the HD669, unless someone here has something more to say.
Last edited by mp8andrade at Jan 18, 2015,