I need help from the experts here. My friend is lending me his Epiphone Flying V, and I'm trying to track down more information about it.

It looks likes a 1967 reissue model (the kind made from 1989-1998, 2003-2005), but the serial number indicates that it was made in June 2000.

Any ideas what I've got here? Is the Epiphone wiki wrong? Thanks for the help!

Check attachments for images.
Attachments:
IMAG0173.jpg
IMAG0175.jpg
IMAG0181.jpg
IMAG0182.jpg
Using your serial number it looks like your guitar was made in the Samick, South Korea factory in June 2000 and it was number 1052 of the production run that month. It's sort of an attempt at a replica 1968 Gibson Flying V but with significant differences like the 2 knobs instead of three and where the three way switch was placed amoung other things.
Attachments:
dsvrchch1[1].jpg
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 19, 2015,
Thanks Rick. I guess I'm confused at how this guitar was made in 2000, when according to the Epiphone wiki page (http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Flying_V ) the only 2000 model was the Korina.

This particular guitar looks like the kind that was made betwen 1989 and 1998, with the 2003 model featuring a far different design, yet here we have a 2000 model. Any ideas?
Have you considered that maybe they had overstocks after they stopped production and just slapped a newer serial number? I don't think it's that uncommon. FWIW, it looks legit for a 90-98 one. To me anyway.

Either way, there's probably other forums that would be more versed on Epiphones that could help you out. Or you could just contact Epiphone yourself.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Also, although wiki is a great resource (the central repository of the current sum of human knowledge, as I've referred to it) really, anyone can edit it. It's still just the internets and the info could be incomplete or just plain wrong. Doesn't happen all the time but it happens.
I just used one of those guitar serial number dater sites. I own quite a few Epiphones and I find that the dater sites aren't always correct. I don't think it's their fault, I think Epiphone is not good with the serial numbers on older modals when they were being made in the half dozen Korean factories they were using (and may still be using). As an example I know my Epi Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus that I bought in 2012 new comes up as made in 2006 on one of the dater sites. It's confusing. Maybe it is better now that Epiphone has it's own factory in Quingdao, China.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 21, 2015,