Sup!
I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112J and I want to make some upgrades for a bluzzy tone.
The guitar is all with stock parts, so what you guys recommend to change and for what model?

That's a pic of the guitar

Thanks!!
Throw a new set of full sized pots in it, maybe a set of locking tuners and some new pickups

www.guitarfetish.com is a great cheap place to order from.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by diabolical
What do you feel you're lacking?

I'm not into guitar parts, i just play.
Like, what makes an American Fender guitar sound better than mine? I tested one in the store and the sound feels so good, better, clearer.
How can I get a sound like that? Pickups?
Of course I could just buy a new guitar but i cant right now, so i'm just looking for upgrades

Thanks for the post!
maybe a steel block on your tremolo (or just a better tremolo which already has a steel block, wilkinson does some reasonably-priced ones), in addition to pickups.

EDIT: what amp did you try the fender strat through and what amp are you playing your pacifica through?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe a steel block on your tremolo (or just a better tremolo which already has a steel block, wilkinson does some reasonably-priced ones), in addition to pickups.

EDIT: what amp did you try the fender strat through and what amp are you playing your pacifica through?

this. sometimes the best guitar upgrade is a new amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Dave_Mc

I just bought a new Fender Mustang ll V2 but it didnt arrived, i was playing in a Fender Frontman 10g before that, which was very simple.
Maybe i could've waited to arrive before creating this thread lol.
^ LOL

Yeah wait till the amp arrives. It should sound a fair bit better than the frontman, I'd wager.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?