"Government Agencies" found guilty by King family trial for Assassinating MLK

Page 1 of 2
http://www.globalresearch.ca/court-decision-u-s-government-agencies-found-guilty-in-martin-luther-kings-assassination/5320024

This is probably old news to many of you, but even if you have heard it there seems to be lots of confusion as that's pretty much the natural reaction. What do you think about this? Why isn't this more well-known if it is true? Is it true at all? Does this mean what you'd think it means? Etc
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I would have to learn much more about this to have an opinion
My God, it's full of stars!
Why don't I get off from school for Martin Luther King Day?

This is the real question
Quote by Dreadnought
I would have to learn much more about this to have an opinion

my sentiments as well
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Well it's obvious if he were to continue living, he could have been the first black president, heck first black anything really. He had the entire movement with him, including the sensible white people. There were probably enough "im just following orders" and "i genuinely am a super racist lets kill mlk" dudes in the government for this to happen.
Psssshhh, I clicked on 'full transcript' and the link was broken. Did the government do that, too?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Hold on, lemme get my tinfoil hat...

to be fair, this isn't a far fetched conspiracy. the U.S. government has assassinated civil rights leaders before
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Weaponized
Well it's obvious if he were to continue living, he could have been the first black president, heck first black anything really. He had the entire movement with him, including the sensible white people. There were probably enough "im just following orders" and "i genuinely am a super racist lets kill mlk" dudes in the government for this to happen.

Nah. Read Harvard Sitkoff's King: Pilgrimage to the Mountaintop and tell me King had everybody's support.
Quote by JustRooster
Psssshhh, I clicked on 'full transcript' and the link was broken. Did the government do that, too?

No they didn't make your phone/computer shitty and unable to open functional pages

Black president may have been a stretch but I could see that being a concern amongst serious racists and some government officials. But not even that really but more the progress you'd assume he'd keep making for minorities in the country. For the record, I asked my history teacher about this last year and he pretty much dismissed it right away and had no idea what I was talking about which I don't blame him for. Then I showed him the pages and he was like "hmm maybe" and basically had no idea what to think.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by bradulator
Nah. Read Harvard Sitkoff's King: Pilgrimage to the Mountaintop and tell me King had everybody's support.
I still have a 4th grade understanding of King's legacy please don't bully me
Soon they will have to conclude the same about JFK, John Lennon and 9/11.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by Neo Evil11
Soon they will have to conclude the same about JFK, John Lennon and 9/11.

The JFK thing is getting released in 2017.
Quote by WCPhils
Why don't I get off from school for Martin Luther King Day?

This is the real question

Haha are you serious.

That's racist.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
http://www.globalresearch.ca/court-decision-u-s-government-agencies-found-guilty-in-martin-luther-kings-assassination/5320024

This is probably old news to many of you, but even if you have heard it there seems to be lots of confusion as that's pretty much the natural reaction. What do you think about this? Why isn't this more well-known if it is true? Is it true at all? Does this mean what you'd think it means? Etc

It is old news. No, it's not widely taught in schools in the US, nor does it cause an outburst if ever brought up. The typical reactions that follow after hearing about this are: labeling the teacher as a kook (tinfoil hat jokes), indifference (so what? what can be done about it now?), anger and mockery (you've got nothing better to do with your life than muckraking?!).

It's just like telling folks that Jimmi Hendrix was drowned to death with wine. Unless if that person was a direct and powerful influence to the listener, it's just nonsense news. News for sure, but still nonsense to the listeners. Doesn't put fire under their ass for any reason. Doesn't really change anything in their thinking.

I think it's fascinating to see the freedom of papers and documentaries being released long after an event has expired. The result is magical: nobody cares, and if they look like they care then chances are they're feigning theatrics because they never truly lived through that time period or knew the person one-on-one. Confusion is thrown about like confetti as for how to react to this knowledge because it happened so long ago (relative to our attention-span today) that the only worthwhile cause a modern person can find out of it is humor.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware of the Galileo Gambit. Just because folks laugh at what is said, doesn't mean that what is said is true. Equally as important to note is that just because one event was thought to be a "conspiracy theory" was found to be true, does not mean that all "conspiracy theories" are true.
Quote by The Judist

Last edited by Zaphikh at Jan 19, 2015,
^ It's spelt Jimi. We're on Ultimate Guitar and you're referring to the most revered guitarist.
No-one can take your reply seriously.

Not everything is a conspiracy, just most things.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by bradulator

bet you've had that bullet in the chamber for a while eh?
Quote by The Judist
^ It's spelt Jimi.

His name could also be spelled out as 948(*Y94hfw4hHUII78Afkskj, but you immediately knew who I was referring to. I think that's all that really matters. lol.
Quote by The Judist
We're on Ultimate Guitar and you're referring to the most revered guitarist. No-one can take your reply seriously.

Good.
Quote by genghisgandhi

I've never heard that phrase before, but it's golden.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jan 19, 2015,
So we're in agreement then? Government killed MLK? No evidence to the contrary?
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
^ Clearly no one has cared enough in the thread to even bother trying to refute it. Who is the "we" that's in agreement?
My God, it's full of stars!
No, but they did try to get him to kill himself. Like, a really bad, inept attempt, but they tried. They're not very good at doing stuff, thankfully.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

AmeriKKKa
Quote by genghisgandhi

some of us have academic interests here. you can stick to football though, it's ok
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I don't know, but that court case is pretty worthless. Seriously take five minutes to look into it.

It was a civil case where one party (King family) sued a guy (Loyd Jowers and "unnamed co-conspirators") for $100 in damages. Both parties wanted to implicate the government. The government presented no evidence to the contrary because they weren't party to the suit and therefore had no ability to. Later Jowers' sister recanted what she said about the whole thing and said they made it up for a book deal. So whether or not MLK was killed by the government I dunno, but this court case didn't solve anything other than making the justice system look like a joke.
I think conspiracy theories are inherently crazy, but assuming this one is true, I don't see why that would matter much tbh. I mean I guess it'd be nice for the family to know the truth, but that's about it. In other words, who really cares.
Quote by Dreadnought
^ Clearly no one has cared enough in the thread to even bother trying to refute it. Who is the "we" that's in agreement?

Those who disagree haven't actually given any reasons. I just want to hear what people think because I think this is a pretty big deal and people should know about it if it's true.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I don't know, but that court case is pretty worthless. Seriously take five minutes to look into it.

It was a civil case where one party (King family) sued a guy (Loyd Jowers and "unnamed co-conspirators") for $100 in damages. Both parties wanted to implicate the government. The government presented no evidence to the contrary because they weren't party to the suit and therefore had no ability to. Later Jowers' sister recanted what she said about the whole thing and said they made it up for a book deal. So whether or not MLK was killed by the government I dunno, but this court case didn't solve anything other than making the justice system look like a joke.

I've been meaning to do the digging soon.

Quote by bradulator
I think conspiracy theories are inherently crazy, but assuming this one is true, I don't see why that would matter much tbh. I mean I guess it'd be nice for the family to know the truth, but that's about it. In other words, who really cares.

This is weird. He's among the most iconic and important figures in American history and he was killed less than 50 years ago, especially as a history student you don't consider it important enough to talk about it that the government (or at least certain parts of it) may have hated him and what he was doing to want him dead?
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Those who disagree haven't actually given any reasons. I just want to hear what people think because I think this is a pretty big deal and people should know about it if it's true.

He's saying nobody cares enough to even disagree.
Quote by Rossenrot

Bingo.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
This is weird. He's among the most iconic and important figures in American history and he was killed less than 50 years ago, especially as a history student you don't consider it important enough to talk about it that the government (or at least certain parts of it) may have hated him and what he was doing to want him dead?

a) The government was strongly annoyed by him, was monitoring him heavily, and MLK lived in fear of his affairs/personal lifestyle being revealed because it would have destroyed the legitimacy of his career. Why would they want the peaceful dude killed when he was one of the things preventing an all-out violent rebellion?

b) If the govt ended up killing him, so what? I am well aware that the govt has been pretty much been self-serving and scummy since its inception. Information is good, but to me finding out that the govt assassinated MLK would not really shock me, so what would be the point other than for basic information? It would be good to know for the sake of knowing, but it wouldn't change anything IMO.
Quote by Rossenrot

That's exactly what he said, I'm confused why you're repeating it.

Quote by bradulator
a) The government was strongly annoyed by him, was monitoring him heavily, and MLK lived in fear of his affairs/personal lifestyle being revealed because it would have destroyed the legitimacy of his career. Why would they want the peaceful dude killed when he was one of the things preventing an all-out violent rebellion?

b) If the govt ended up killing him, so what? I am well aware that the govt has been pretty much been self-serving and scummy since its inception. Information is good, but to me finding out that the govt assassinated MLK would not really shock me, so what would be the point other than for basic information? It would be good to know for the sake of knowing, but it wouldn't change anything IMO.

They'd have wanted him killed because he (as far as I know, tell me if I'm wrong) was the key to progress which would have pretty much slowed to a stop without his influence which seems to have happened. Malcolm X was killed before he was who if I'm not mistaken already denounced violence where most of his past followers would probably be completely fizzled out, they establish the Civil Rights Act right after he dies to appease the nation and they could have very rightfully assumed it would have stopped then and there without any violence. At that point, the laws were basically technically equal but everything else wasn't, making something in particular to protest difficult. A strong national leader, the central voice to tackle these remaining intricate disparages disappeared which was what was so needed at the time to make the social side of the changes occur. Which if not for that, the new laws are basically completely pointless. Who knows what could have been different had he stayed alive. Of course much of the government opposed this progress as did the country, making his death something to be sought after.

I think not just the basic information would matter significantly but everything else about it: how it's been reacted to with nobody caring and how for example the government can basically get away with this stuff and how helped it is by the "tinfoil hat" stuff without actually getting looked into or talked about in any serious notion. I agree most conspiracy stuff is dumb but I think almost all of it should at least be seen as possible so more stuff like this isn't allowed to happen. I think people should care when the government does horrible things like murdering people, especially when it's to stop something very clearly great from happening that is only opposed due to weird and extreme selfishness and fear of removing yourself from the undeserving advantaged. Also, I think it's weird people at least don't find it interesting.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
That's exactly what he said, I'm confused why you're repeating it.

the
government
Quote by Rossenrot
the
government

size 1 government

--> small government

got u figured out
Quote by Eastwinn
size 1 government

--> small government

got u figured out

Nah, I'm not that clever. Paranoid anti-government types tend to talk about the government as though the government is listening, so they whisper and write things in small font.
Page 1 of 2