Hi guys, new here

I've just bought myself an Orange Thunderverb 200 (Switchable from 200 to 100W)

I was going to buy myself an Orange 4X12 HP8 cab (100W per speaker), but now I've stumbled across a guy who's willing to sell two of his laney AOR cabs (1980's) for a very very low price.
The 2 cabs are AOR celestion g12m-70W

I was wondering if these could measure up to the HP8 cabs from Orange?

Thanks!!!
Quote by StonersAlive
Depends what you want to play.

I really don't like K100's much (speakers in the HP8 cab) so I'd go for the laney AOR cab for the speakers, but that's just me.

What music do you want to play TS?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
the G12M-70's wont have as tight of a low end, they will be more lively and have more aggressive midrange. basically they'll sound more old school than a K-100 cab. K-100's are great for more contemporary/modern tones.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
i don't like m70's. i am a huge fan of KT88's though. the new orange cab will look very nice with the amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't like m70's. i am a huge fan of KT88's though. the new orange cab will look very nice with the amp.
Celestion K100's are speakers, KT88 are big power tubes
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Celestion K100's are speakers, KT88 are big power tubes

i was tired. ironically i have four amps with KT88's, and three cabs with K100's or mixed with V30's in an X pattern. lol.

go with the K100's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by StonersAlive
Hi guys, new here

I've just bought myself an Orange Thunderverb 200 (Switchable from 200 to 100W)

I was going to buy myself an Orange 4X12 HP8 cab (100W per speaker), but now I've stumbled across a guy who's willing to sell two of his laney AOR cabs (1980's) for a very very low price.
The 2 cabs are AOR celestion g12m-70W

Thanks!!!

I preferred the V30s with my Thunderverb 200. Remember that the Orange cabs (both the V30s and K100s 412 cabs) have these chunk of rubber underneath .... the V30s are more than sufficient if you're interested in the low Mids and Lows. It'll be best to audition both in the shop's loudroom.

If you really want the K100s with the Thunderverb 200, get a 212 cab instead to really drive the speakers.

You can also use the TV200 as an occasional bass amp - try a 212 cab with EVM-12Ls or Emi Delta ProAs (80 oz magnet, not the 56 oz).

Good Luck!
Quote by Ippon
If you really want the K100s with the Thunderverb 200, get a 212 cab instead to really drive the speakers.
What would be the advantage of that?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
But what difference does it make to you if 4 speakers recieve 50w each or 2 speakers recieve 100w each?

'cause in my book it makes no difference.
Unless the speakers are arranged in a line array, and 4 speakers still aren't much.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
But what difference does it make to you if 4 speakers recieve 50w each or 2 speakers recieve 100w each?

'cause in my book it makes no difference.
Unless the speakers are arranged in a line array, and 4 speakers still aren't much.

certain speakers have what can be considered as a favorable sound when pressed to the limit of their operational capacity. some call it 'speaker rounding' or 'speaker distortion'.

i really like the sound of G12M-25's and some of my old Jensons when they are pushed to their limit. i tend to always have a 1x12 cab around with a low wattage speaker in it in case i want that speaker distortion sound.

my more versatile cabs usually have high power handling speakers in them so they will respond linearly at different volume ranges.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 20, 2015,