Hi guys, apologies if this has been covered in the past but the search wasn't very helpful.

I'm getting a bit sick of the difficulties with retuning my strat, been playing stuff in E standard, drop D and E flat and it's quite annoying switching between them.

From what i understand i have three options:
- add extra springs in the back to try and keep the bridge from floating
- block it solid with a simple 'wedge'
- install a fancy gadget like a tremel-no

I'm not worried about spending a little bit of money on it, but are there any other major pro's and cons of the solutions above? do either work better than others?

It's a completely stock American standard strat by the way

Thanks
Screw in the two screws attached to your trem claw until the tremolo plate is flush with the body. There's no reason to spend money on a Tremelno for a Strat.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Screw in the two screws attached to your trem claw until the tremolo plate is flush with the body. There's no reason to spend money on a Tremelno for a Strat.

Here is another vote. I did this to my American strat a few days after I bought it when I restrung it. (bought it used and needed new strings)

Don't screw the claw in all the way though if you plan on using the tremlo, just tight enough that bending the strings won't move the bridge, but still loose enough that you can use the bar without too much effort.
ok great, thanks guys, easiest solution i could imagine!

I have now tightened the claw most of the way and the bridged now stays 'decked' with a full tone bend on e standard tuning. I'm assuming this is all i need as other tunings i use will be lower string tension.
Another vote here. What I personally did was that since I had an extra few springs laying around, I just chucked them all.

EDIT: Yep, lowering the string tension will just make the bridge flusher. If you decide to move up to a higher gauge of string, you might want to add another spring in there if the screws are maxed out
Last edited by CorrosionMedia at Jan 19, 2015,