Page 1 of 2
Quote by Eleanor Roosevelt
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Is this true? Please discuss.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yes. No.

I have an average mind so I will only discuss the occurrence of this thread.
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Jan 19, 2015,
Maybe... I don't know.

Can you repeat the question?

^ Damn your edit
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I got the thread title wrong - not great mind confirmed here.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If Eleanor Roosevelt had such a great mind, why isn't she the one who became President? Checkmate, atheists.

How about "Great minds don't botch a simple copying job for a thread title" for a quote?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Is this true? Please discuss.

missing:
Perfect minds discuss nothing.*

*or Empty minds. same difference, everything is cyclical, etc.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
lol
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
to an extent. 'small minds discuss people,' what about truly important historical figures? surely they have to be of importance?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
to an extent. 'small minds discuss people,' what about truly important historical figures? surely they have to be of importance?

When discussing historical figures, you don't discuss their personal lives and stuff like that do you - it's mainly about discussion of the events they put in motion and their ideology.

For example Hitler, at the most basic level you'd say: Hitler wanted to go to art school in Jewish city. Later in life he instigated the holocaust.

Then at a higher level you'd say: Hitler wanted to go to art school in a Jewish city, but lost his place to a Jew, so later in life he he instigated the holocaust because of his hatred for Jews.

Then at the highest level you'd relate that event to his entire political ideologies and the whole right wing anti-Jew ideology in Europe in the 20s and 30s.

talking about events and ideas, and other typical "smart" talk gets really annoying after 5 minutes. Nobody wants to talk about that shit 24/7, and if you do, you're a pretentious twat
Yeah if all you spoke was about political ideologies and theories of quantum tunneling that would be v. boring but sometimes it's good to talk about "intelligent" things.

isn't she discussing people in that quote? small minds are fvcking everywhere these days, gaaaawd

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
No.
All sorts of minds discuss all those things; some more superficially than others.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by JamSessionFreak
isn't she discussing people in that quote? small minds are fvcking everywhere these days, gaaaawd

And yeah, does everyone not discuss all of these to some degree? Dumb quote.
there's also nothing wrong with talking about stupid stuff either, and just because they find typically "smart" talk boring, doesn't make them unintelligent. dont judge people, and dont assume people are dumb because they're talking about what their friends did on the weekend

but yeah, talking about "smart" shit can be really cool with the right people, and I think its important that people can talk about "smart" and "dumb" things. "dumb" things get boring too after a short while, as does that guy who only ever wants to talk about the meaning of life
Quote by Bladez22
there's also nothing wrong with talking about stupid stuff either, and just because they find typically "smart" talk boring, doesn't make them unintelligent. dont judge people, and dont assume people are dumb because they're talking about what their friends did on the weekend

but yeah, talking about "smart" shit can be really cool with the right people, and I think its important that people can talk about "smart" and "dumb" things. "dumb" things get boring too after a short while, as does that guy who only ever wants to talk about the meaning of life

A stoner, you mean?

It's like, maaaaaaaaan, what's it all about? You know, all of it. All of it. All of] it. Duuuuude, the universe, man... it's got to have pizza soemwhere, right?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by theguitarist
missing:
Perfect minds discuss nothing.*

*or Empty minds. same difference, everything is cyclical, etc.

dat infinitesimal final 0-link in duh ring, doe...

dat fine, fine, zero line...
So for example in the comments of the metallica news where they entered the studio:
-small minds discuss how shit Lars is at drumming
-average minds discuss how cool that they are recording
-Great minds discuss about the 6000 riff ideas they have

?
Quote by ElMaco
So for example in the comments of the metallica news where they entered the studio:
-small minds discuss how shit Lars is at drumming
-average minds discuss how cool that they are recording
-Great minds discuss about the 6000 riff ideas they have

?

You missed out "****ing dildos talk about this in the comments section of UG News"
Quote by Diemon Dave
that speech about guitar solos was the realest :'-)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Fat Lard

i can't watch with sound at this computer so I put on subtitles

are they accurate or just hilariously wrong?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
are they accurate or just hilariously wrong?

They're better than the actual thing.
Quote by Zaphikh
They're better than the actual thing.

Confirmed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I hear she was a carpet muncher anyway.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Woudn't it be great if the thread starter and the occurance of the thread just didn't happen?

Covering all the bases, go me.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Fat Lard
What was 20s-30s European opinion on the creating and sharing of memes?

Achtung Juden was their doge.

I've always liked this quote. I think of it every time I return to my dinky hometown and all people do is talk about people I only vaguely knew in high school.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yeah if all you spoke was about political ideologies and theories of quantum tunneling that would be v. boring but sometimes it's good to talk about "intelligent" things.

I don't feel that they are "intelligent" things so much as a different topic of interest. Anyone who focuses too much on certain topics consistently can become boring. In a sense we need these obsessive people, you know to become experts in things like small amphibians of the amazons social habits and how they affect their micro environment.
Quote by mattjamesrenn
I don't feel that they are "intelligent" things so much as a different topic of interest. Anyone who focuses too much on certain topics consistently can become boring. In a sense we need these obsessive people, you know to become experts in things like small amphibians of the amazons social habits and how they affect their micro environment.

Yep definite,y talking too much about one thing becomes boring. The best conversations begin mundane and then become deep and complex and then become mundane again.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yep definite,y talking too much about one thing becomes boring. The best conversations begin mundane and then become deep and complex and then become hawt secks orgies.

ftfy
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2