Quote by DudeIsOnFire

I'm supposed to be strumming at the same time, but I can't do that.

Why not? Are you using a click?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sounds fine to me.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Practice more. You could try time stretching, but you'll spend 10x the amount of time and effort doing that than practicing it.

Also, it's not to bad out of time. Shouldn't take too long to get it spot on.
I can hear what you mean, you're ever so slightly out on some beats. It's all right for playing live but for recording you need to be 100% in time, all the time.

Basically it's a question of practice, you need to really hone in on what it is you're not getting right and making the changes you need. You can hear that there's a problem so you've basically done the hardest part.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If there are just tiny parts that slip out of time, you could punch in to re-do them. That's a WAY better way to record than time stretching. Do you know how to punch in? If not, look up tutorials for your DAW. It's an important skill to have - especially once you start doing vocals!

Edit: listened to the clip. It sounds fine to me. You're human and that sounds like a human guitarist playing guitar.

One thing that'll help you get it super tight it doing a scratch to a click, adding drums, then re-doing the guitar along to the drums. It'll be much tighter and more musical than just riffing along to nothing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 19, 2015,