So I made a post yesterday about getting a second first guitar because I didnt know if I was gonna be able to fix the issues the first on had but im pretty sure it is fixable. I want this post to be a little more specific so the question is what is a decent modeling amp for under 300 bucks new or used. The amp im using right now is a line 6 spider IV 15 watt and i dont like it all that much so im gonna return it. The tone I want can best be heard in the song vicarious by tool(other songs by them as well). Its a heavy tone and the amp im using now just needs to be a little darker and beefier. So I need an amp that can produce heavy and all around beefier tones. I know tools guitarist Adam Jones uses several marshalls so I know exact tone is impossible to achieve but like I said just a heavier beefier tone. Good distortion is also a must. Im using a J5 squier tele btw which sounds great but I just need to be able to dial in that tone more. Can be tube or SS.

some amps suggested to me already by friends and GC employees
-vox valvetronix VT20+
-peavey vypyr
-Roland CUBE-40GX

also this will be used for bedroom and playing with friends nothing professional at all.
Wrong forum, but a Peavey Vypir tube would be your best bet. If you can't find that then A Standard Peavey Vypir is great as well.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by dosamwolfso
knew this wasnt the right place couldnt find the right forum .

Guitar gear and accessories
Fly on, fly on
yeah moved the thread thanks and I checked for the tube vypyrs on ebay GC about 300 bucks definitely checking them out thanks a lot.
Quote by dosamwolfso
yeah moved the thread thanks and I checked for the tube vypyrs on ebay GC about 300 bucks definitely checking them out thanks a lot.

you don't move a thread that way, do you know that?
Ask an admin to move this one, and delete that one.
Fly on, fly on
We just walked into a Guitar Center yesterday looking for something for a friend. We found a used Line 6 Pod X3 ($99) bean and a used Mackie Thump (15" model, $150). I'm not thrilled with the Thump, but he's coming from a Spider IV 15W like yours and he's absolutely ecstatic. I'm guessing the Mackie is generating something over 150W. I'm loaning him a footpedal (FBV Express) and an amp stand (OnState RS7000?). His practice buddy has a 4x12 and a 30W tube amp powering it, and the Mackie is significantly louder, lighter and easier to get into a car.