I found out today of a friends passing. It was posted less than an hour after the fact on facebook by an idiot who didn't think. I, along with the majority of his friends and a lot his family had to find out this way. Don't be the next asshole to do this.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
How else would you have wanted to find out, telegraph? Have the person call every single person your friend might have known? Not sure how posting it online makes him an idiot, unless he was saying something negative about it.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jan 19, 2015,
Quote by Wormholes
How else would you have wanted to find out, telegraph? Have the person call every single person your friend might have known? Not sure how posting it online makes him an idiot, unless he was saying something negative about it.

How about not post it to facebook. If a friend or family member died, is that how you would like to find out?
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
No guys op is 100% right, not only does mourning someone's death on Facebook for attention make you an asshole, but that is honestly one of the shittiest ways to find out about the death of a loved one.

This Facebook generation, man.
That's one of the most popular forms of communication. It's no different than a phonecall or text or email. I've found out about a lot of friends dying via myspace.

If that's how his immediate family found out, well then they spend way too much time on it.
Quote by Wormholes

We all get what you're saying, but sometimes it's best to resist that urge to really let someone have it when they're already in a shocked mentality. His friend died. Ruminate on that for a few moments.

Sucks, TS. That's a shitty way to find out something that heavy. Some petty newsfeed update.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by Wormholes
This. Exactly.

I'm sorry for your loss. And I understand you're upset, but that doesn't make him an idiot. He's just informing everyone he knew via the most popular social outlet available (aka, where he's more than likely to reach ALL his friends rather than just those he knew about and could get in contact with). Had he not posted it, you might have never found out.

Think about it. If he had 1,000 friends, do you really want them to contact EVERY single one of them one at a time? No. The best way would be to post it where every single one of them can all see it.

Now, don't get me wrong. Is it a terrible way to find out? Yes, of course it is. No argument there. But did he do anything wrong by posting it on Facebook? Absolutely not.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jan 19, 2015,
Quote by kornflipsk8er
I found out today of a friends passing. It was posted less than an hour after the fact on facebook by an idiot who didn't think. I, along with the majority of his friends and a lot his family had to find out this way. Don't be the next asshole to do this.

This happened when somebody at my job died overseas (in THE WAR) and the wife read it on Facebook before being officially notified through military channels.

Social media has really complicated things like this in certain ways.
My God, it's full of stars!
Honestly, because I don't have FB i would never know if people I know died since I don't see them anymore. While I understand you're upset about your loss, I don't understand the issue of announcing it online so others can see. I mean, you're achieving the same goal by doing so? Evolution of communication etc.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
This. Exactly.

I'm sorry for your loss. And I understand you're upset, but that doesn't make him an idiot. He's just informing everyone he knew via the most popular social outlet available (aka, where he's more than likely to reach ALL his friends rather than just those he knew about and could get in contact with). Had he not posted it, you might have never found out.

Think about it. If he had 1,000 friends, do you really want them to contact EVERY single one of them one at a time? No. The best way would be to post it where every single one of them can all see it.

Now, don't get me wrong. Is it a terrible way to find out? Yes, of course it is. No argument there. But did he do anything wrong by posting it on Facebook? Absolutely not.

You raise a good point, but in all honesty I feel like it's in poor taste to post about it hours after it happened, just because of the possibility of the family finding out that way.
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
You raise a good point, but in all honesty I feel like it's in poor taste to post about it hours after it happened, just because of the possibility of the family finding out that way.

This is correct
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
That's fair. Posting it only hours afterwards is poor form.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
This. Exactly.

It was not his responsibility to inform anyone.

He wasn't making any sort of formal announcment of it. It was something like OMG! RIP ***** *******! It was not his place to take it upon himself to post that information. That should have been left up to his family after they had been notified. And if they chose to do that through facebook, thats fine. But he took that choice, and their privacy to mourn away from them.

That is what makes him an idiot.
Quote by lol2theworld
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
Last edited by kornflipsk8er at Jan 19, 2015,
He's pretty ignorant for not letting the family announce it first, and the status definitely should've been worded with more sensitivity, but I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful. Though, the timing wasn't perfect, it's only natural for people to talk about it.
Yeah I agree, I don't really use FB once a month to contact overseas family friends etc.
It seems it amplifies and enables negative qualities of humans.
Sorry to hear that news.
There's always one of these types of people in every group. He is probably enjoying everyone's negative response to his actions and loving the lime light.

I dated a girl in high school who was one grade below me and one of her classmates died. At the funeral she jumped on the coffin and made a huge scene but barely even knew the kid. No matter what was going on if it wasn't all about her, she made it about her.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Reminds me of a few times back when I was in school where people would act like somebody we were friends with died in a car wreck and stuff on FB. Was really messed up and I don't really trust it anymore.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by mystical_1
There's always one of these types of people in every group. He is probably enjoying everyone's negative response to his actions and loving the lime light.

I dated a girl in high school who was one grade below me and one of her classmates died. At the funeral she jumped on the coffin and made a huge scene but barely even knew the kid. No matter what was going on if it wasn't all about her, she made it about her.

I would have thrown her full force into a tree for that alone if I was a member of the family at that funeral
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
No guys op is 100% right, not only does mourning someone's death on Facebook for attention make you an asshole, but that is honestly one of the shittiest ways to find out about the death of a loved one.

This Facebook generation, man.

agree 100%
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!