coming in after the normal EKKO616 i have owed for years,

here it is! $80 minty fresh malekko EKKO616 LOFI

as far as build, its great. solid, simple to set up, i love how all of the mod switch and speed and depth are all on the outside. also i like that the true bypass/BBP feature too, but i always use the buffer.

the lofi has more of a ring mod type thing, it will be great with white noise or blanket under a track.

for ambient dime all of the controls and just tap the back of the neck of the guitar and it flows over.

its almost more fun playing with the pedal than using it lol. the controls are great, but if you over do it , it gets too extreme and it shrills like crazy and its terruble. perfect to a fault.

but at a typical setting it is great, i use it for a longer delay and the regular EKKO for the slightly longer it is very smooth. i don't use the mod a ton.

here is a pic of half of my pedals. just the main rail is hooked up atm into the orange dual terror with the volume dimed, gain used as volume. i am using the aendrive for a light gain and the OCD for a more of a very pissed off mid drive perfect for blues with my tele.

i will try to get an audio sample of it but i can't promise.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
HNDD and nice board.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
HNP..d...d...d! Looks like fun, what the heck is it? Its a delay?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jan 20, 2015,
Quote by RJH11
HNDD and nice board.

thanks! the board has been a long term project.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by lucky1978
HNP..d...d...d! Looks like fun, what the heck is it? Its a delay?

its a analog delay, but its sort of like something that each repeat gets lower fidelity. i haven't ever used a real tape echo, but if i am correct it may be a little bit off each time.

the modulation is wicked its a ring mod type thing. if you adjust the time and depth mini knobs at the top it gets really loopy.

its a fun pedal to have.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by NakedInTheRain
more like dh...dhrh...dhrzzh....dzzzrjrhh

happy new lofi delay day

much better description thanks!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Nice Those malekko pedals are meant to be nice, but i've never seen one, much less tried one
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Nice Those malekko pedals are meant to be nice, but i've never seen one, much less tried one

Thanks! I like it, but the ring-mod in it (when turned on) oscillates too easily and goes insane. But that is when you are asking for it.

Fun to play with though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
yeah i suspect i'd rather have the regular one. i like effects, but nothing too crazy-sounding
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i suspect i'd rather have the regular one. i like effects, but nothing too crazy-sounding

its totally manageable with knobs. i like the un-modulated setting better on that than the standard i think. so far anyways.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
yeah. big problem with too many knobs is I just tend to set it to one setting I like and just leave it there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$80 is a steal for that thing! I got my Ekko Dark for $125 brand new, down from $150. The Lofi sounds awesome. I almost got one of those, I need a nice, regular ol' delay.

Quote by Dave_Mc

The regular 616 has the mod settings as well. I suggest checking out the "Ekko Dark." It's completely black and sounds, well, darker than your typical analog delay.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
i would like the dark. i should look into one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
i kinda like the option, though. And I'm not sure I'd want it too dark anyway.

Kind of academic, I don't really have room for one. I got a DMM really cheap a while back there, and it'll do me for now (just it's crazy big... and I think it's the smaller XO version ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would like the dark. i should look into one.

Oh man...
Lemme tell you...

It's amazing. The delay is very dark, brooding, and almost muffled, but it's incredibly warm. The best way to describe it is like if you were playing with your guitar's tone knob down all the way, minus the muddiness. I realize that may contradict a little with what I said about it sounding muffled, however I think that's just part of the dark characteristic. It creates an insanely ambient sound when coupled with a reverb.

My experience in delay pedals is quite limited. Prior to owning this, I used a DigiTech DL-8 on the analog setting. They're not even remotely in the same ballpark. The Ekko has a very full and rich tone, as anyone would expect with analog delay. I like how the echos aren't always 100% accurate. The DL-8 sounds too perfect and also doesn't have the same warmth, which is also expected.

The only thing I can say that's a little dumb about the Dark version is that it's black, and the text is all black. They should have made it glow in the dark or white. Not that big of a deal, though since I just set it and forget it.

I think the Carbon Copy is going to find itself replaced by these Malekko Ekko pedals.

Question to you, does your "Time" knob get difficult to turn around noon?
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by nick.culliton

...I think the Carbon Copy is going to find itself replaced by these Malekko Ekko pedals.

Question to you, does your "Time" knob get difficult to turn around noon?

yea i think the MXR is a waste with the same price as the malekkos.

what do you mean "get difficult" playing with or physically turning? for some reason i missed the context.

i run four rigs on occasion. i could go for a third analog delay.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I was after a CC, but everyone on Reverb wanted way too much money for them, so I went with this.

The Time knob gets physically more difficult to turn around 12 o'clock. It takes some legitimate effort! I feel like it's an issue with the pot.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by nick.culliton
I was after a CC, but everyone on Reverb wanted way too much money for them, so I went with this.

The Time knob gets physically more difficult to turn around 12 o'clock. It takes some legitimate effort! I feel like it's an issue with the pot.

mine is normal the whole way. maybe something is wrong.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!