Hi folks,

This is a live recording of my band Indy_Fire.
I was filmed on my Sony Z3 by my wife so don't expect super clear production.
Just wanted to get a bit of feedback on how the song flows anywhat I can do as a frontman to improve.
Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsL7ETI4Gms

Please share your thoughts with us good and bad we want to hear it.
Also drop a link in your comments so I can return the favour.

Cheers 🍻
Last edited by jamesmchugh80 at Jan 20, 2015,
Guys, check your link, it does not seem to work- I found your video by a Google search.
Despite the poor sound quality, I can hear a great song here, with lots of meaty attitude and also clever changes and an eclectic fusion of influences.
The band get an extremely full sound for just a three piece. The singer / guitarist is extremely capable, doing his two jobs together very well. His gutsy growly voice perfectly suits this sound. The guitar neatly flicks between rhythm and lead parts with facile ease, and does a great job symphonically filling the sound. The bass and drums are fine, no weakness here.
I would suggest you think about presenting this material properly, because not every listener will give as much tolerance to this poor presentation as me.
Further listening shows a nice combination of rough and ready rock with 60's psychedelia and poppy melodicism, an appealing mix competently performed. Maybe the singer needs just to loosen up a little, have a bit more confidence in himself, as what he's doing is correct, but he just sounds a bit tense, but the voice is good, with power, tone, range, projection, all good.
I'd recommend tightening and shortening the arrangement for a recording, but for live this extended arrangement is fine.
For an alternative presentation style, C4C here.
Quote by Jathon Delsy
Guys, check your link, it does not seem to work- I found your video by a Google search.
Despite the poor sound quality, I can hear a great song here, with lots of meaty attitude and also clever changes and an eclectic fusion of influences.
The band get an extremely full sound for just a three piece. The singer / guitarist is extremely capable, doing his two jobs together very well. His gutsy growly voice perfectly suits this sound. The guitar neatly flicks between rhythm and lead parts with facile ease, and does a great job symphonically filling the sound. The bass and drums are fine, no weakness here.
I would suggest you think about presenting this material properly, because not every listener will give as much tolerance to this poor presentation as me.
Further listening shows a nice combination of rough and ready rock with 60's psychedelia and poppy melodicism, an appealing mix competently performed. Maybe the singer needs just to loosen up a little, have a bit more confidence in himself, as what he's doing is correct, but he just sounds a bit tense, but the voice is good, with power, tone, range, projection, all good.
I'd recommend tightening and shortening the arrangement for a recording, but for live this extended arrangement is fine.
For an alternative presentation style, C4C here.

Thanks for the massive feedback. Appreciate it dude.
And thanks for the the heads up on the link, seems it didn't work on my phone when I posted from work.
Right from the beginning, I love the intro. The breaks such as the ones at 0:20 and 1:33 were especially cool. The song has a very strong power behind it, and the drums and guitar and bass all work together very well. The all the group members are very in-sync and it sounds like each musician knows exactly what they're doing. The vocals are very strong and are accompanied well by the instruments behind them. The guitar solo was top-notch, too! Awesome song.

C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1667607
Quote by BeatlesFan789
Right from the beginning, I love the intro. The breaks such as the ones at 0:20 and 1:33 were especially cool. The song has a very strong power behind it, and the drums and guitar and bass all work together very well. The all the group members are very in-sync and it sounds like each musician knows exactly what they're doing. The vocals are very strong and are accompanied well by the instruments behind them. The guitar solo was top-notch, too! Awesome song.

C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1667607

Thanks dude quality feedback and comments.
Hey I'm digging the sound. Your band is pretty tight, despite some pauses and transitions that sound like they could flow better. A fairly full sound for a three piece. One thing I feel that could use some improvement is stage presence. Like maybe interact with the crowd a little more. Overall a good performance I enjoyed it!

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666643
Quote by ryan19
Hey I'm digging the sound. Your band is pretty tight, despite some pauses and transitions that sound like they could flow better. A fairly full sound for a three piece. One thing I feel that could use some improvement is stage presence. Like maybe interact with the crowd a little more. Overall a good performance I enjoyed it!

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666643

Thanks for the feedback fella.
I'm new to singing, I can't really do it with confidence yet I'm quite shy.
Having said that there wasn't a crowd to interact with with. 😂
OK yeah it takes time. Im a drummer actually. I used to be the same way with singing in front of ppl. it gets easier every time