I currently have a Tonelab EX pluged in a Peavey 50-50 tube power amp on a Randall 412, I'm pretty sure it's plenty enough for live gig for small to medium venues.

I will acquire a passive mixer for vocals and other effects (laptop mostly), would you think I could use "one side" of the stereo (50W @Valve) and plug a pair of passive speaker on this and this would be loud enough or am I going to be "short" and look for active speaker instead?

Thanks!
If you don't care to sound good to everybody in the audience (if the place can hold more than 30 people or so) then you might well do that.

If you do care for sounding good to a whole audience get a proper, half decent PA system and run everything through it - guitar, voice and whatever else you might have there.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm talking about the size of a bar audience. I've seen more than one band play with non-micked 412 for guitars and it sounded good everywhere. I can understand the need for more "power" on the PA, but wouldn't you think the 412 with a 50W Vavle power would be more than enough for a show in a bar, on a stage?
You don't undestand:

The Peavey Classic 50-50 si either stereo 50W per side or one side, bridged mono @ 100W

I would take one channel for my guitar
Guitar > FX and ToneLab > 1 channel 50W > 412

And another channel for the vocal/laptop
Mic / Laptop > Console > 1 Channel 50w > a pair of Passive PA speakers

My quesiton is, would 50W valve be enough
50w RMS would be enough volume wise, the dispersion patterns of your speakers are the problem.

Though if you're convinced a band can sound good with an unmic'd cab in a bar that holds more than 30 or so people then the reputation is yours to loose.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The PA isn't about making the sound loud enough for the bar to hear it so much as for controlling the mix and getting the sound from a single source. If everyone in a full band is on stage cranking the amps so they can be heard, it's going to sound awful to anyone in the bar and you can forget about hearing any drums.
It's different if it's just you and a drummer with a small kit or something like that.

Without a stage monitor of some kind, you can forget about singing well, too. You need to be able to hear yourself clearly.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
If it were my gig I'd:

Leave the 412 home, rent a 1/2 decent PA and run the Tonelab direct to the board. With only 2 PA speakers you can angle them inwards to serve as both FOH and side fill monitors. Done this many times in a pinch with good results.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
If it were my gig I'd:

Leave the 412 home, rent a 1/2 decent PA and run the Tonelab direct to the board. With only 2 PA speakers you can angle them inwards to serve as both FOH and side fill monitors. Done this many times in a pinch with good results.

Perfect. You should do this. maybe try to get a floor monitor to point back at yourself?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals