Hello,
does anyone have any experience with this pedal? What do you think? Im thinking about buying it, have still to decide.
Thanks
Can't say I've used it myself, but I have a friend who had one for a while and I like to think I have a fair amount of experience in the delay world. What are you looking for in a delay pedal? There might be others out there that suit your needs better.
I've never tried the Nova Delay but I've owned the Flashback x4 and now I'm sporting a Line 6 DL4. Both are killer delay pedals. I think I like the layout of the FBx4 better but the DL4 sounds a lil better (from what I remember, I didn't own both at once). I'm sure the Nova is great, though a bit overpriced, imo.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Well first of all thanks for your replies. I would use this pedal for in a way that maybe u2 use it. So to create riffs with it but also to make some interesting effects since I like to experiment with my tone and also in some solos. The budget I have is around 150 euros. The features I would need are at least the basic ones but the more the better.
How would you mod the pedal to access the presets?
Thanks
Last edited by Jayerrr at Jan 20, 2015,
Quote by Jayerrr
Well first of all thanks for your replies. I would use this pedal for in a way that maybe u2 use it. So to create riffs with it but also to make some interesting effects since I like to experiment with my tone and also in some solos. The budget I have is around 150 euros. The features I would need are at least the basic ones but the more the better.
How would you mod the pedal to access the presets?
Thanks

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13652&hilit=nova+delay

You can still access the presets without the mod.
I just found it a little awkward.
I personally prefer the DL4 over the Nova Delay for one simple reason: you don't have to cycle through the presets. Having 3 (or 5 if you mod it) presets, each with their own dedicated footswitch, is a lot better than having one button to cycle through 6 presets IMO.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The Nova Delay is a great pedal, but I'd recommend the Flashback X4... still sounds amazing, but being able to access a few presets whenever is going to be of help, and the looper will also be good to play around with if you're going for a U2 sound. The DL4 is supposed to be good too, I can't speak for it since I've never owned one, although the build quality should be pretty good if the FM2 is anything to go by.
It would work great for U2 stuff. The tone is super crisp and clear, and it has a few different subdivisions to choose from. The color knob is cool because it changes the voicing of the delay. But it still stays pretty clear regardless of where the knob is. The modulation is cool, but I haven't messed with it much.

Source: my band's bassist owns one and I have messed with it a couple times.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣