Who's as excited as I am?? The crisp, freshness of a newly finalized 1040, 1120... what do you guys think the H&R Block commercials will be like this year? Or ___ friendly competitors? We have 3 months, so plenty of time to see the finesse stylings and subtle changes to compete!

Will you itemize? Or take the standard?

I personally will toke on just the finest - which means the standard deduction (this year )
Meh

The state of Indiana couldn't find a record of my 2012 tax return so I had to file again and they ended up owing me money.

Take that, establishment
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Still waiting on my w-2s. My last job I think I can get it online, but a job I quit over the summer better mail me it as I forgot which website to get it and my login details. I'm assuming there's some law that former employees have to mailed a physical copy?

Though I've known people that have never filed and they never made much so all they get is an automated letter every few years.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jan 20, 2015,
Bravo, good sir!

Good on them though - holding your money for 3 years and expecting you to pay anything.... good stuff man
Quote by Wormholes
Still waiting on my w-2s. My last job I think I can get it online, but a job I quit over the summer better mail me it as I forgot which website to get it and my login details. I'm assuming there's some law that former employees have to mailed a physical copy?

Though I've known people that have never filed and they never made much so all they get is an automated letter every few years.

Yes, former employees must receive a physical copy, mailed or otherwise. I'm waiting on one of my jobs W-2's but I should be getting a boatbuttload back from both of my jobs.

Tis the season
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I should get ~$1000 back, based on what I received last year.

I owe about $8000 on my car, so I might just put it all towards that.
Shit, my bad didnt see it.

Wait just checked... ohh youre talking about w/h's from 2014? I meant planning for Y/E 2015 >_>

We need to spread awareness on taxes, and their general immorality.
I got my w-2s.

I didn't make much/don't have any real dependents or anything to claim so I'll just do some automatic online thing like I did last year probably.

I should get that earned income credit again this year.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I got my w-2s.

I didn't make much/don't have any real dependents or anything to claim so I'll just do some automatic online thing like I did last year probably.

I should get that earned income credit again this year.

File your state right from the IRS. It should be free for most places and will save you the twenty bucks everyone else charges.
Okay, question posed to everyone: What is "2014 miscellaneous payments" when filing my state refund?
Free Ali
*DICLAIMER: I AM NOT A TAX ADVISOR, SO DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING HERE AS FACTUAL*

What state, and what line item is it? I'm thinking thats more for independent contractors that get 1099-MISC's. So unless you got one of those, you wont have to worry about it.

Or if you made payments to your taxes. A lot of people will pay their year's taxes over the year, say 4 times, so it could be that. But I'm thinking its the 1099misc thing. Youd have to give me more info though

Sorry, havent worked with taxes since jan-april 2014 so pretty rusty as tax is not my focus
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jan 20, 2015,
Quote by Fat Lard
*DICLAIMER: I AM NOT A TAX ADVISOR, SO DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING HERE AS FACTUAL*

What state, and what line item is it? I'm thinking thats more for independent contractors that get 1099-MISC's. So unless you got one of those, you wont have to worry about it.

Or if you made payments to your taxes. A lot of people will pay their year's taxes over the year, say 4 times, so it could be that. But I'm thinking its the 1099misc thing. Youd have to give me more info though

Sorry, havent worked with taxes since jan-april 2014 so pretty rusty as tax is not my focus

I went with my gut in the end. Thanks, though.
Free Ali