Hi fellas!

I've been toying with the idea of "relicing" my SG, and the more I think about it, the more I like it. The trouble is, while there are thousands of Strats to look at for inspiration, there aren't many SGs that look as worn as some Strats and Teles are.

The major problem I have is that my SG is finished in Worn Brown. Has anyone seen/done something like this ? Not necessarily on an SG, but on a satin finished guitar ? I'm not sure what results I'll get, and I'm kind of afraid to jump in, in case I'm disappointed with the look. I could do it to a Strat but I don't need/want another guitar, and also, there are enough road worn Strats around, I want to make something different.

Any input is appreciated of course,
Thanks
I agree with strats it's really over done. I suggest the les paul forum as it's the best site when I googled stuff for ideas on projects and so forth.

from what acids to use to make the hardware look worn or rusty to turning a glossy finish more satin looking.
the thing is, since it is finished in worn brown and made out of mahogany, i'm not sure how it would turn out. I kind of like the look of worn strats, but thats because the color of the ash or alder just looks cool with a sunburst or a darker colour next to it. and being that mahogany is quite dark, i probably won't get the same impact with the brown finish.
Have you considered painting it with a contrasting colour and then 'wearing' it back to the brown?
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A