I bought a (secondhand) ESP LTD with an LFR a couple months ago and on the whole have grown quite fond of it, but recently I've noticed that after tuning the Floyd will go out of tune after one dive and settle in that tuning. After some experimenting I realised that after being pulled up in pitch the Floyd settles almost a semitone higher in pitch than after a dive. I'm guessing a dull knife-edge?

I bought the guitar on the understanding that there was a decent chance I'd have to block or replace the Floyd at some point, but only the former's really an option for me financially at the moment. So if the problem's a dull knife-edge, can I get away with blocking upward movement of the bar and "decking" the sustain block against that and use it as a dive-only trem?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
You can use the Floyd as a dive-only system and still have it work, yes. Just tighten the springs way down.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You can use the Floyd as a dive-only system and still have it work, yes. Just tighten the springs way down.

Sorry if I'm not taking as much from your response as I should but my question's more whether it would actually solve the tuning issue.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jan 20, 2015,
Yes it should.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You probably just need to lube your knife edges, try a touch of chapstick in there and see if that solves your problem.