Can you advise me some real good VST to create real good 6505 tone?
The Nick Crow lab one is the only one I remember focusing on the 6505.

Well then there's the one in peavey revalver, but I don't feel it's worth the money it costs for the 6505 in particular.
If though you're also interested in a herbert, a very good JSX and a very good custom shop amp by peavey I don't remember the name of then go for revalver, else go for the free nick crow one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I would go with either the Nick Crow 7170 or 8505 (cloned on the 5150/6505 respectively). Although technically modelling the same amp (seeing as the 5150 and 6505 are the same) the two sims do sound slightly different, so maybe try both with a few impulses and see which one gets you closest to the sound you're after.

Otherwise there used to be some 6505 amps on ABG Headcase if that's still a thing, pretty sure it died in a hole when Ken and Virtualampstash had that huge falling out. Might be able to find it if your google-fu is strong though.
Last edited by chatterbox272 at Jan 21, 2015,
Just gonna throw TSE X50 out there, it's not free but you can download a demo version where there's occasional silence and you can see if you like it. http://www.tseaudio.com/software/x50v2 The older TSE x50 versions were free (but they were just the amp, no cab) so you might be able to find them somewhere.
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
TSE X50. I own a real 5150 (same thing as the 6505) and it's VERY close. So close that I rarely ever bother micing the real amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by chatterbox272
I would go with either the Nick Crow 7170 or 8505 (cloned on the 5150/6505 respectively). Although technically modelling the same amp (seeing as the 5150 and 6505 are the same) the two sims do sound slightly different, so maybe try both with a few impulses and see which one gets you closest to the sound you're after.
The 7170 is an EVH 5150 III, the 7505 is a peavey 6505+

So no, they sound relatively similar but they're not based on the same amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
The 7170 is an EVH 5150 III, the 7505 is a peavey 6505+

So no, they sound relatively similar but they're not based on the same amp.

Are you sure? I could have sworn they were based on the original 5150 and 6505 (or at least 5150/6505 and 5150 II/6505+).
Well look at the front panel of a 5150 III and compare it to the 7170's.
Then look at the front panel of a 6505+ and compare it to the 8505's.

Then listen to the 7170 and the 8505 side by side.
The former is tighter, more controlled, more "reasonable", the latter is angry and dirtier.

Then simply think about the thing - the difference between the 6505 and the 6505+ is a preamp tube, the rest of the circuit is the exact same.
Well the 6505+ has separated EQ's and only 1 input but that's it.
They sound the same.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola