I got this Jackson -- sweet, sweet axe -- last Saturday. It kills. The only flaws are the lack of a string retainer, a three way switch instead of a five way, one missing sidedot, dirty frets, a very small and shallow paint chip, and a rather uninspiring trem. Nothing money can't fix.

I've already done some mods to it -- a pickup swap (Jazz for 59 neck), a push-pull pot to split the humbuckers, and I've converted the tone pot to a no-load pot. I really like the rest of it otherwise.

The neck is thin, but not overly so, and feels much more solid and stable than, say, an Ibanez Wizard. The body is light, but does not feel fragile. The fretboard feels very slick, and the notes are easy to fret. Notes fly out almost effortlessly with this guitar.

Here are some pics.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/Archer250/10928983_846732492015957_1857206346310413759_n.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/Archer250/10924825_846732315349308_28879653538897613_n.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/Archer250/10369890_846732375349302_1152338495703197819_n.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/Archer250/10690135_846732482015958_8123828187190130503_n.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/Archer250/10922843_846732298682643_5014804355656065366_n.jpg
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Sweet score man. Love me some Jacksons.

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks. It's really sweet.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
I'm happy to see yet another person who knows what these guitars are about.

Put a Schaller Lockmiester in it and you're set.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm happy to see yet another person who knows what these guitars are about.

Put a Schaller Lockmiester in it and you're set.

I think I'll go with a Gotoh. They're rather inexpensive and they come with brass blocks.
Gear:
Sweet

Quote by Archer250
I think I'll go with a Gotoh. They're rather inexpensive and they come with brass blocks.

depending on where you are the schaller might be cheaper. the gotohs used to be very cheap in europe, but then the prices shot way up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I actually prefer 3-way switching on HH guitars rather than 5. HNGD though, looks killer.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Happy NDG. Love Jacksons!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Dave_Mc
Sweet

depending on where you are the schaller might be cheaper. the gotohs used to be very cheap in europe, but then the prices shot way up.

I'm in South East Asia. Gotohs cost about a hundred bucks less.
Gear:
Quote by Archer250

Ah, then by all means.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I think I'll have a string retainer installed as well.
Gear:
I'd only do modifications to the guitar that are non-destructive. Replacing Floyds and swapping pickups is fine as long as you have the stock ones. But putting a retainer bar in requires drilling additional holes into the headstock. Doing that sort of modification will devalue it.
Quote by TheSennaj
I bought it for 150 bucks. I don't think it will sell for less haha.
Gear:
jfc that's an insane deal...
Quote by TheSennaj
Nice score, MIJ Jacksons are great instruments, I have 5 of them!
HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
jfc that's an insane deal...

Granted, I also traded a guitar I no longer wanted for it, too.
Gear:
Quote by Archer250

ah no worries, go with the gotoh then. I think the locking nut might be extra with gotohs, though (but still shouldn't be $100 either).

Just watch the studs will fit. I have a vague feeling the gotoh studs might be slightly larger than OFR/schaller studs.

Quote by Archer250
Granted, I also traded a guitar I no longer wanted for it, too.

1959 burst?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When I replaced the bridge on mine with a Lockmiester, I didn't bother to replace the locking nut. The stock one didn't need to be changed as it works absolutely fine. As long as the nut itself isn't stripped, there really isn't anything to go wrong with them.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 22, 2015,
yeah you're probably at the point of "replacing it for the sake of replacing it" if the stock one is half-decent at all
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah no worries, go with the gotoh then. I think the locking nut might be extra with gotohs, though (but still shouldn't be $100 either).

Just watch the studs will fit. I have a vague feeling the gotoh studs might be slightly larger than OFR/schaller studs.

1959 burst?

They are, haha. I know a guy with a dremel. Oh and I traded my blue RG920QM for it. I love that guitar, but it's not for me.
Gear:
^ I guess that explains how you got the guitar for $150.

I thought you were just incredibly lucky, buying from a seller who was completely oblivious to what they were selling.

Either that, or the seller was a girl and the guitar was her ex's.

Believe me, I've seen that happen.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
^ I guess that explains how you got the guitar for $150.

I thought you were just incredibly lucky, buying from a seller who was completely oblivious to what they were selling.

Either that, or the seller was a girl and the guitar was her ex's.

Believe me, I've seen that happen.

Better hunt for oblivous sellers then...
Gear:
Quote by Archer250
They are, haha. I know a guy with a dremel. Oh and I traded my blue RG920QM for it. I love that guitar, but it's not for me.

ah no worries, just making sure you were aware of it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?