you always had the kind of eyes that were more intrigued by the novel
than what was new yesterday
preferred my cheek to be covered in stubble than have your lips slip straight off my face
you got goosebumps in the night if I said alright let's roll the dice and leave it up to fate
this was you, this what I knew before things all got strange...

did you just make way for strange?
did you just give your seat up to the sinister?
I'd like to roll back in the night, go outside and see who's ringing me
was it strange hanging by the front door
so vividly

has strange got your clothes on?
has it stole your voice?

I don't mean to pry girl
but are they still your eyes?
our fingers used to intertwine like a k'nex kit done right
but now they don't girl
is strange in your mind?

you used to look good in my pj's
such a comfortable fit
but now I'm spinning like a slapdash dj
as the nightshirt starts to rip

did you just make way for strange?
did you just give your seat up to the sinister?
I'd like to roll back in the night, go outside and see who's ringing me
was it strange hanging by the front door
so vividly

I don't mean to pry girl
but are they still your eyes?
our fingers used to intertwine like a k'nex kit done right
but now they don't girl
is strange in your mind?
I think my biggest complaint is the transition between the first stanza and the rest of the piece. The language in the first few lines of the piece were really perfect, but they had a very different feel than the rest of the piece, which I suppose is the point. The transition from the first stanza to the rest of the piece was jarring, though, and I think that just has to do with the last line of the first stanza. I'm not a fan of it. I think the use of "strange" would be much more effective if you left it out until the second stanza. That whole last line of the first stanza just seems unnecessary. After all, as soon as we get to the first line of the second stanza, we will know that things got strange--we don't need you to spell that out anymore for us. I do really appreciate the ambiguity of the word "strange." In some places, it appears as a state of mind, but in other places it seems to be an actual person. I think that ambiguity works really well for you here. Overall, this was an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.