Hi Im new here, I'm looking for a site where I can type in my Jackson Serial # and find out when it was made, does anyone have advice? Thanks
For my Jacksons I downloaded all of the old catalogs from their site and went through them until I found a match. I at least got a pretty tight range of years they were manufactured this way. This worked for early to mid 2000s MIJ imports - Dinky and Kelly.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
MIJ Jacksons have serial numbers that have either 6 or 7 digits but dating is nearly impossible once the 7 digit numbers start being used in 1996, I too went to the Jackson website and downloaded the pricing guide/catalogs as metalmingee said.

You can narrow the year down somewhat by comparing the features such a electronics, finishes, hardware and such by which features were offered from year to year. I was able to narrow down my MIJ Jackson RR3 to 2010 because that was the last year it was offered in the eerie dess swirl finish and the first year the pro series was offered with factory case, and mine came with a SKB Jackson Bloodline case.

2010 was the only year the Pro Series RR3 Eerie Dess swirl was offered with the factory bloodline case so I got lucky with that one. With my other four I was still able to narrow it down to within a few years.

Here is a Jackson import serial number guide that helps identify country of origin and on some the year, I'm pretty sure this guide came from a JCF online originally but that site is down at the moment

www.scottysguitars.com/tech-department/110-jackson-import-bolt-on-serial-number-guide
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 21, 2015,
Thanks, on the Jackson site, I can't find a 2007 catalog, which is what I believe the year might be.

Quote by metalmingee
For my Jacksons I downloaded all of the old catalogs from their site and went through them until I found a match. I at least got a pretty tight range of years they were manufactured this way. This worked for early to mid 2000s MIJ imports - Dinky and Kelly.
Quote by 10speed
Thanks, on the Jackson site, I can't find a 2007 catalog, which is what I believe the year might be.

Yeah I wondered about that too but I'm thinking 2007 models may be in the Winter 2006 catalog.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yeah I've had a lot of issues with this as well. Dating my DK2M has been a total crapshoot. Could've been produced anywhere between 2007 and 2010. Have no idea how to know which of the 4 years it was made in.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee