I've asked this in a couple of different places but I thought I should ask here. How do the 2 amp compare? I want split this amp for me electric guitar and my sister bass. very tight budget
The Rumble is not a guitar amp so if you want one amp for both instruments and those are your choiecs, get the Vypyr.

You could also get a powered speaker and a multi FX pedal (that has both bass and guitar models in it).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
In general, it's not a good idea to use the same amp for guitar and bass. That's why specific bass amps exist. Guitar amps and speakers often times can't handle the low-end of a bass, and even if they can, they rarely sound good doing it.

Between those two, the Rumble is actually a bass amp, so it'll handle both just fine, but it will sound pretty dull for the guitar. I've got a Rumble 75 and I have used it for guitar before. It gets the job done (the job being: amplify the guitar and make sound), but that's about it. If you really have to get just one amp for the both of them, I'd go with the Vypyr. Much more tone options, it'll be great for the guitar, and as long as you don't push the volume super high, it should handle the bass without blowing the speaker, too.
Quote by MaggaraMarine

You could also get a powered speaker and a multi FX pedal (that has both bass and guitar models in it).

This is also a great idea.
Just to be clear. I don't mean playing both at the same time. I have the rumble. It's either keep this and no amp for me. Or get the vypyr. I want know how the bass usage of the python stacks against the rumble to see if my sister can use it instead of the rumble. I dont HAVE to have an amp for my guitar.
The Vypyr will definitely not sound as good for bass as the Rumble, as it's not a bass amp. But it will work, at least.
Will it be good enough for a beginner? Like if the rumble were a 10 ever
Where does the vypyr stand?
Quote by the_bi99man
The Vypyr will definitely not sound as good for bass as the Rumble, as it's not a bass amp. But it will work, at least.

The Vypyr Vip is a bass/guitar/acoustic hybrid amp. It works for all of them and has sounds for all of them (I don't know how good they are but it's still designed for both bass and guitar). It is not just a basic guitar amp. The speaker will handle bass because it's designed for bass too.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The Vypyr Vip is a bass/guitar/acoustic hybrid amp. It works for all of them and has sounds for all of them (I don't know how good they are but it's still designed for both bass and guitar). It is not just a basic guitar amp. The speaker will handle bass because it's designed for bass too.

Ooh right, I forgot they made a model like that. I thought he was talking about one of the regular Vypyrs. In that case, hell yeah TC, get the Vypyr.
I just got it. It works pretty solid as a bass amp. (From a noobs point of view) The rumble seemed a little better though. But Now I have both guitar and bass so it was worth it.
what size is the speaker? i wouldnt go with anything less than 10 for bass.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by arielcastillo27
I just got it. It works pretty solid as a bass amp. (From a noobs point of view) The rumble seemed a little better though. But Now I have both guitar and bass so it was worth it.
The Rumble has a touch more power than the Peavey. I think 25 watts versus 20. Maybe that's what you're hearing. Then too, the Rumble's speaker is optimized for just bass alone. Still in all, the Vypyr is loaded with digital effects which sound pretty darn good, considering the cost of the amp.

I have both models of the small Vypyr. They're both decent, but the semi closed back of the VIP is a touch brighter.

Anyway, if some time in the future you have a C note laying around, you might consider grabbing the "Sampera I" pedal, which would give you a volume pedal, along with Wah, and a looper, along with a few other tricks. (remote FX control and ???). The pedal is "one size fits all", for Peavey Vypyr amps, so you take it with you if you ever step up the line.

Quote by the_bi99man
Ooh right, I forgot they made a model like that. I thought he was talking about one of the regular Vypyrs. In that case, hell yeah TC, get the Vypyr.
The original Vypyrs only modeled electric guitar amps. The newer "VIP" series models all 3 types.

Quote by romeozdistress
what size is the speaker? i wouldnt go with anything less than 10 for bass.
Well, the Vypyr VIP 1 is an 8" speaker. And hell yeah, a 10" is better than an 8", but then too, a 12" is better than a 10".

Still, this is a practice amp, and Peavey doesn't charge a whole heck of a lot for replacement speakers, is case you blow one.

The low E on the bass is somewhere around 41 Hz, and I sort of doubt that an 8" or a 10" has a much response at that frequency as would be ideal, But, it's a practice amp, and we're not taking to play a nightclub over the weekend. It's got a headphone jack, and phones usually go down that far. Jus' sayin'.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 25, 2015,
Quote by Captaincranky
The Rumble has a touch more power than the Peavey. I think 25 watts versus 20. Maybe that's what you're hearing. Then too, the Rumble's speaker is optimized for just bass alone. Still in all, the Vypyr is loaded with digital effects which sound pretty darn good, considering the cost of the amp.

I have both models of the small Vypyr. They're both decent, but the semi closed back of the VIP is a touch brighter.

Anyway, if some time in the future you have a C note laying around, you might consider grabbing the "Sampera I" pedal, which would give you a volume pedal, along with Wah, and a looper, along with a few other tricks. (remote FX control and ???). The pedal is "one size fits all", for Peavey Vypyr amps, so you take it with you if you ever step up the line.

The original Vypyrs only modeled electric guitar amps. The newer "VIP" series models all 3 types.

Well, the Vypyr VIP 1 is an 8" speaker. And hell yeah, a 10" is better than an 8", but then too, a 12" is better than a 10".

Still, this is a practice amp, and Peavey doesn't charge a whole heck of a lot for replacement speakers, is case you blow one.

The low E on the bass is somewhere around 41 Hz, and I sort of doubt that an 8" or a 10" has a much response at that frequency as would be ideal, But, it's a practice amp, and we're not taking to play a nightclub over the weekend. It's got a headphone jack, and phones usually go down that far. Jus' sayin'.

im gonna buy one soon, as i dont like using amplitube for it. and im gonna try and get the most watts i can for a used amp. might as well kill two birs with one stone, something to practice on and somehting good enough to play small gigs.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A