Page 1 of 6
Why is everyone hating on this movie? It's about a good man and his story, people are saying its straight up propaganda, but it's just his story
its straight up propaganda and doesn't talk about the part where Chris Kyle is racist and also a psycho
banned
The film thread is that way

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I don't get it either. I think Michael Moore should go to some place like Syria and see what ISIS and Boko Haram are up to. Then he will get why the movie is praised.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The film thread is that way

no, please don't start this in there again
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 21, 2015,
Quote by mykahgump777
It's about a good man

lol

He said he'd like to kill anyone holding a Koran (no, this isn't out of context), and that he didn't give a flying **** about Iraqis. While he was a SEAL, him and his buddies would go to bars, get drunk, and beat the shit out of civilians. He was arrested 7-8 times (just going by the incidents he mentions in the book, there may be more) and each time charges were conveniently dropped. He casually writes this with no sense of remorse or regret conveyed.

The exact quote was "I don't shoot people with Korans - I'd like to, but I don't." The other one was, talking about protecting American interests and saying he wasn't in Iraq for the Iraqis, "I don't give a flying **** about Iraqis". He was a drunk who liked to beat on civilians without repercussion.

#goodman
Last edited by sam b at Jan 21, 2015,
People are hating on it?
Is it full of #mlgnoscopes and the such?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Axelfox
I don't get it either. I think Michael Moore should go to some place like Syria and see what ISIS and Boko Haram are up to. Then he will get why the movie is praised.

Apart from the fact the film is horribly paced and Eastwood doesn't give anything as much time as it should have and it's a conservative Americans wet dream.

I'm talking from an outsiders point of view though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Joshua Garcia
People are hating on it?
Is it full of #mlgnoscopes and the such?

nah, he's a hardscoping bitch
Quote by Axelfox

lol
KIFFLOM
Quote by Axelfox

oh man
banned
the peeps praising it and defending it are the funniest

Edit: dat #axelpost
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by WCPhils
no, please don't start this is there again

start it there again
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

"Comments are disabled for this video"

Not a surprise...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
tbh i think everybody in the film thread has said all that could be said and is basically done with it
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
There was too much glorification of the combat, imo. Like the whole thing with
Chris Kyle vs. the rival Middle-Eastern sniper, who he shoots from like 3 miles away at the last second before he kills someone.
And the whole relationship with his wife seemed sort of cliched as well. I guess it was just too "dressed up" as a Hollywood film for me, although I wouldn't say it was bad. Just not that good.
^he can do ANYTHING u comie fuk
Quote by ErikLensherr

Is that the movie with the commercial that's just the rednecks girlfriend saying baby like five times and not one shot of sniper rifle?
He's a known liar and made up the whole punching Jesse Ventura thing, also sketchy stuff about baiting civilians and then shooting them.
I think there's a lot of lies and controversy surrounding him because he was involved in a war people don't really support and because he had to hurt children and women attacking his men

That and a bunch of anti war protesters and feminists were being really bothersome about his book and movie, but he doesn't seem like the racist psycho type they are making him out to be
lol dude enjoyed killing 'savages' trying to rationalise it by saying he's protecting his boys but hey ho no attention paid to the horrendous shit murican and British soldiers did over there, also conveniently omitted from the film I'll assume.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Yeah, he's made up a lot of things that definitely never happened so his credibility isn't that great anymore. Then there's the stuff about baiting civs.
does the movie actually have much to do with his various kills? i thought it had to do with him adjusting to life at home or something

haven't seen it yet obv
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by mykahgump777
Why is everyone hating on this movie? It's about a good man and his story, people are saying its straight up propaganda, but it's just his story

You do realize propaganda isn't strictly negative, right? It can be about a good man and propaganda
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Haven't seen the movie, but every review I've read paints the picture of a movie centered around the difficulties of a military veteran returning to civilian life and coping with the things they did while at war. Again, I haven't seen it, so for all I know that could be completely off-the-mark, but "War ruins the lives even of the victorious parties for the emotional and psychological damage it causes" is a far cry from pro-war propaganda
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Haven't seen the movie, but every review I've read paints the picture of a movie centered around the difficulties of a military veteran returning to civilian life and coping with the things they did while at war. Again, I haven't seen it, so for all I know that could be completely off-the-mark, but "War ruins the lives even of the victorious parties for the emotional and psychological damage it causes" is a far cry from pro-war propaganda

From what I've heard, it's pro-soldier propaganda. Like 'soldiers have to do some bad shit so they need help when they come back'
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by steve_muse
^he can do ANYTHING u comie fuk

Murica love it or leave it.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

i hate how hard i laughed at this

Quote by mykahgump777
I think there's a lot of lies and controversy surrounding him because he was involved in a war people don't really support and because he had to hurt children and women attacking his men

That and a bunch of anti war protesters and feminists were being really bothersome about his book and movie, but he doesn't seem like the racist psycho type they are making him out to be

oh man
banned
This movie should have ended with Seth Rogen trying to snipe Kim but Franco bumps him and he accidentally kills this guy instead who was coincidentally trying to snipe Kim too.
Quote by mykahgump777
but he doesn't seem like the racist psycho type they are making him out to be

did you bother to read any of the replies in this thread?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by Axelfox

There is no more unamerican a concept I can think of that I see peddled as patriotism than this rehashing of the "Go back to Russia, commie" mentality. "We're perfect and great and if you disagree you're a disgraceful scumbag who should leave" doesn't sound a very much like a country that's supposed to pride itself on liberty and freedom of expression if you ask me.

Blind jingoistic platitudes is not patriotism, it's ignorance. I like America and think it has the potential to truly be great, but you're a fool if you really think that A. it doesn't have a lot of flaws that need addressing, and B. resting on our laurels from winning the Cold War and ignoring those flaws instead of trying to address them and improve the nation isn't the real thing making us fall behind other countries in an unsettling number of categories.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 21, 2015,
Quote by Axelfox

if only it were that easy
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ