the high e string broke, and i wont be able to get new strings for a day. will it be okay to keep the guitar in standard tuning and playing rhythm guitar, with no bending strings. I dont want to damage anything
No, your guitar will explode with the lack of tension on the neck. Splintering into a million pieces and killing all who stand in it's wake.

I'm kidding, you'll be fine.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Won't hurt anything, but if your neck is not substantial/solid or you have a floating trem the lack of tuning stability may drive you nuts.
Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones removes the low E and tunes the other 5 to open G, Max Cavalera from Sepultura/Soulfly is known to drop tune with only 4 heavey gage wound strings although he admits to having tuning issues much to the frustration of his band mates.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 21, 2015,