I`m using circle K strings right now .10-.70. I like them except the tension isn't all that there. this is on my Schecter 26.5 inch scale too btw. Any recommendations for heavy gauge strings that have a lot of attack and tensions and can handle tuning all the way down to G? Thanks
For G I got EB 8 string pack and threw away the 64 gauge B string and put the 74 gauge on the 7th string. I have EB cobalt slinky to heavy bottom 7 string set on now though because I don't play that low normally. My scale is only 25.5 so I imagine you should have no problems with the 8 string pack. Or get a set of 12s and buy an individual string for the 7th.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
GHS Boomers 7 string heavy set. 13-74
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
I don't know any 7 string packs, but for if you going down to G, for the 6 strings, except the high one, you could try (but be careful) cleartone 14-80 (which is used for standard B tuning with the bottom string (on a six string guitar) tuned to A. As far as know, for six string packs, that gauge combination is one of the heaviest I've ever seen. You could try that; though I don't know if there'll be enough high tension or the strings will feel slightly loose. Depends what you call high tension.
I'm not even sure you can get normal guitar strings that exceed 80, unless the ernie ball six string bass pack have the same ball ends (there's a 90 for that low string, but that tension's meant for E an octave lower, so could be too much for G).
Last edited by jzRTCAQ!PY13575 at Jan 24, 2015,
guitarstringsonline.com lets you make a custom set from D'Addario, Dr and other string brands for about the same as a regular pack of strings.

When you say down to G, you mean like drop A down one step? GDGCFAD? I'd say do a 11-56 set with a 74 or 76 on the bottom.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9