Recently left my guitar in my dorm over college break. Like a month.
Cum back and my tele's got much higher action and the frets are pointy when ya run your hand down the neck.
Did i done **** up? Fret change? Neck warp or just screws on bridge get tighter?
HALP?!
Also necks always been a lil bowed but seems to not be more bowed. Still scared tho
Last edited by stratdud39 at Jan 22, 2015,
It's probably because of the cold/dry weather. Try the Instruments section and ask the folks over there.
Free Ali
What? Are you sure it doesn't just feel different since its been a while since you've played?

Frets don't get pointier. Unless somebody snuck into your dorm and refret your guitar for you. In that case, you should thank them, that's like a $40 repair.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
What? Are you sure it doesn't just feel different since its been a while since you've played?

Frets don't get pointier. Unless somebody snuck into your dorm and refret your guitar for you. In that case, you should thank them, that's like a $40 repair.

What if the cold made the wood of my neck shrink thus making the frets hang off a tiny bit on the side of the beck, thus causing a pointy feeling?

Quote by chrismendiola
It's probably because of the cold/dry weather. Try the Instruments section and ask the folks over there.

Good idea.
Oh, on the side of the neck?

I guess that maybe makes sense.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Oh, on the side of the neck?

I guess that maybe makes sense.

That's a funny lil miscommunication there ain't it.
EDIT: but wait is that possible?!
Quote by stratdud39
Recently left my guitar in my dorm over college break. Like a month.
Cum back and my tele's got much higher action and the frets are pointy when ya run your hand down the neck.
Did i done **** up? Fret change? Neck warp or just screws on bridge get tighter?
HALP?!
Also necks always been a lil bowed but seems to not be more bowed. Still scared tho

Gross.

You let the humidity/temperature get to it. Adjust the truss rod and keep it in a humid environment and most of it will be fixed. Or just spend the $30 to get a setup like it probably needs.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Gross.

You let the humidity/temperature get to it. Adjust the truss rod and keep it in a humid environment and most of it will be fixed. Or just spend the $30 to get a setup like it probably needs.

Ima spend the cash.
Thx