alright so im pretty new to this forum I usually come here to read reviews and stuff just never posted before but I thought id ask what may seem a crazy question do I but the schecter synyster custom or the new les paul 2015 studio I have around 900 budget at the moment just so stuck on what to get any one own either of these that can tell me about them or anyone know any other good electrics around that price ??
cheers guys
Let's start with this:

Are you gigging or playing at home?

Are you willing to buy used?

Budget?

What music do you play?

What gear do you currently own?

Do you like thinner necks or thicker necks?

Do you need a tremolo?

Does weight matter to you?

Really though you should be trying these guitars out in person. They can't really be compared fairly considering how different they are. It depends on what your wants and needs are.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Okay here we go....

I play at home mostly

budget is £900

I mainly play anything from the likes of guns and roses to aerosmith to evh to avenged sevenfold so I guess all around the rock area

I love thinner necks hands down

trem is not exactly 100 percent needed but do enjoy having access to flloyd rose

weight doesn't really matter no

cheers for getting back to me
oh sorry haha the gear I currently have is a dean razorback slimebumblebee an epiphone les paul and a marshall mini stack 15w
Quote by Jakebarnes94
Okay here we go....

I play at home mostly

budget is £900

I mainly play anything from the likes of guns and roses to aerosmith to evh to avenged sevenfold so I guess all around the rock area

I love thinner necks hands down

trem is not exactly 100 percent needed but do enjoy having access to flloyd rose

weight doesn't really matter no

cheers for getting back to me

Okay cool, I'm not too familiar with how pricing is and what's available in the UK but if you like the LP shape but you want a slimmer neck + a floyd, you could check out the LTD EC-1000FR. Should be around your budget new. Epiphone also made an LP with a Floyd called the PRO/FX if you can find one used.

No clue about the Synyster (never played one) but I would be weary. Signature models tend to cost a bit more for very little extra features (if any at all).

Is there any shapes you're adverse to? (Like you don't want a strat or an SG etc...)

But yeah I'd still recommend checking out your local guitar store and trying out as many as you can so you can really decide what you want.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
just checked that out looks awesome the ltd ill be going in next week to a few different ones ill let you know what I decide to do cheers man
No problem. I'm sure some UK people will pop up with some advice as well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I had a synyster for awhile. It's probably comparable to your Epi Les Paul in weight and neck shape (providing you have standard/custom). That's what it felt like to me anyways. It was cool but it did eventually get old looking at it. It's a huge guitar too. The body is big. The headstock is big. Big. It's a well built guitar though and will last if you decide for it.
Ibanez Prestige maybe? Assuming you want a floyd.

e.g. http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-rg655-fso-firestorm-orange-metallic/94657 (has the original edge trem (awesome, a lot of people like it better than the current ibanez trems) and dimarzio pickups)

cheaper on thomann but depending on your credit card you're sometimes hit with a foreign transaction fee (normally around 3% I think (so still ~£50 cheaper on thomann), but I guess it could vary). http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg655_gk.htm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My 2 cents: If the guitar is bought for a long time, then first you have to go to a music store and play on different guitars. Choose your favorite and... buy it with 2 hands. 900£ in Eastern Europe can buy a guitar (Feder Stratocaster Plus or PRS) in excellent condition in a hard case. Shipping cost a maximum of 40£. We must not buy at auctions - better buy directly from the musicians. Always first good guitars are sold in "selling\buy" on the forums. there you can talk with the seller, ask the opinion of him and instrument from other users.

Hmm.... Ibanez... linden body, in my opinion, not suitable for this music.
As Dave said I would highly recommend checking out some ibaneZ prestige guitars. The RG1550 and rg3550 come to mind in that price range. You won't find a thinner neck, and the trem on each of these models vary, but are solid trems. I like the prestige S line of Ibanez guitars as well. For the money you will be hard pressed to find something that out performs them.
Once you hit EVH and Avenged in your list of songs and mentioned thin necks I immediately thought "this person may be attracted to the looks of a typical LP but really it won't do."
A Gibson with a floyd is way above you budget and I'm sure it even has a thin neck. I wouldn't buy an Epi with a floyd either, I'm not sure what chinese knockoff FR you'd actually get.
About the only thing I got out of your info is humbuckers for sure, thin neck and possibly a decent tremolo.

This question doesn't get asked enough IMO Do you have a scale length preference?
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jan 23, 2015,
Hmmm...

LP-style body.
Tremolo.
Relatively thin neck.
Suitable for hard rock & metal.

Try the Fernandes Monterey Elite Tremolo:

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/monterey/monterey-elite-limited/405-monterey-elite-tremolo.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The Kramer Assault (LP style) 220 Plus Seymour Duncan w/ Floyd Rose would be another great one to look at. It comes with a mahogany body & mahogany set neck, a FRT1000 (Korean OFR), Seymour Duncan passives (Alternative 8 B & '59 N) + an ebony fretboard and a nice slim wide satin finished neck. They are $799.99 USD, so I figure it should be in your budget. If you don't want a LP shape, there are plenty of other Kramer's to chose from in your budget.
Quote by velobobrik

Hmm.... Ibanez... linden body, in my opinion, not suitable for this music.

I'd have said basswood would've been pretty decent for that range of stuff, on the basis that it sort of falls between the warmer mahogany tones of g n r and the brighter ash (?) tone of early EVH. (I think aerosmith used everything ) I think actually in EVH's later period he was using basswood MusicMans (though with a maple top I guess, and from what I hear that makes all the difference with basswood, it kind of elevates it from kind of neutral/middy-sounding to "awesome" ).

But yeah a lot of people don't like basswood so that's worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Another LP-esque axe with a trem worthy of consideration is the Godin xtSA:
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinxtsap.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Check out a Jackson with passive pickups. Great necks.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
It's not exactly what you specified, but a PRS SE Custom 24 comes with a great tremolo and a wide/thin neck, two great sounding humbuckers, and is built with superb quality control from high quality mahogany and other woods and hardware.

This PRS SE Custom 24 would be a great instrument. The pickups are very decent and relatively hot, plus they are very tuneful. The rosewood fretboard is very smooth, almost like ebony. These guitars are very much appreciated by a large number of users.

The guitar is a modern copy of the first ever produced PRS guitar. The same style and relatively the same specifications. This is a classic PRS type guitar.

Good luck.
"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me have got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.