Do you guys think after the guitar one finishes they will then do a bassist, drummer or vocalist showdown?
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Last edited by The9 at Jan 22, 2015,
what
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
one what
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Perhaps.

Edit: most things are possible, given enough $$$.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jan 22, 2015,
At one point Marty Friedman had more votes than David Gilmour. Typical UG. I'm glad that poll's turned around. I think Dave's got double the votes now.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
At one point Marty Friedman had more votes than David Gilmour. Typical UG. I'm glad that poll's turned around. I think Dave's got double the votes now.

I honestly think Friedman is more skilled even though I prefer Gilmour over him
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I honestly think Friedman is more skilled even though I prefer Gilmour over him

More skilled? Yeah.

It's ambiguous because there aren't really any parameters. Gilmour's had a much bigger influence on music as a whole, is more recognized, and pioneered a sound that became much more popular/reknown. If we're counting achievements, he's a monster.
Quote by JustRooster
More skilled? Yeah.

It's ambiguous because there aren't really any parameters. Gilmour's had a much bigger influence on music as a whole, is more recognized, and pioneered a sound that became much more popular/reknown. If we're counting achievements, he's a monster.

Ok, if it's his overall guitaristiness then Gilmour wins. I don't know why Friedman is even paired against him.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
They both won the first round and they were bracketed together. I don't think they seeded it, it was just a random placement.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I have no idea what you're talking about.

The UG guitar showdown in the news section, only been going on for a while now
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by The9
The UG guitar showdown in the news section, only been going on for a while now

you act like any of us actually pay attention to the front page of UG
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It might, but i hope it doesn't, well actually I don't really care. People should just stop making such 'best guitarist' lists, because:
1.) One shouldn't concentrate on rating music, but on enjoying the music
2.) It's impossible to include every really good guitarist
3.) Hendrix wins. Period.

Quote by Minkaro
I think doing other ones would be fun though, eventually we'd see what UG's "supergroup" would be.

Might turn out to just be Led Zeppelin's lineup...
Has there ever been in wednesday poll something like "best drummer" or "best drum line"?
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by intwernet
Has there ever been in wednesday poll something like "best drummer" or "best drum line"?

Only on ultimate-drums.com
I thought this was going to be a thread about the denizens of The Pit. And we'd go into brackets to discover the best UGer.

Like... Neo vs Eastwinn.

Or Crazysam vs GuitarGod92

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
they should do a showdown for what UG is really about:

who can take the biggest shit and call it solid gold.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The next one is going to be a tambourinist showdown.

I better be on there.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I just checked the UG front page because of this thread. Danny Worsnop left Asking Alexandria.

R.I.P. RylanThePotato.
Free Ali