Im new to guitar playing, but i love it and need to choose a better guitar. The problem that i am currently having is to choose the right one, because it's going to be the only guitar i'll have for quite some time.
Right now im interested in three guitars: Ibanez S 570B, Jackson DKXT and Vintage Icon V6.
I tested them on the store and really liked them, but i am REALLY open to suggestions. Here goes some info:

Budget: since I live in Brazil and guitars are expensive, the budget is going to be around 800 dollars(price of that jackson here)

Sound I'm looking for: What i want is a heavy sound with a decent clean( the Vintage is on my list just in case i can keep the strat sound but with a good, heavy sound)

New or Used? I'd rather have a new one, but buying used is not that much of a problem

Pickups: Humbuckers, preferable pickup configuration is H/H or H/S/H

Body Shape: Strat or strat similar
Note*: The guitar i choose will be played in a Marshall 101cfx
Are you sure you want a Floyd Rose bridge? Are you aware of how they work and how to maintain them? Is downtuning something you'll do a lot of? Because if it is, stay away from Floyds.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You mean the Ibanez, right? Well, I have a friend that has a guitar with floyd rose, it's not that much of a deal imo.
Downtuning it's something a rarely do,just a drop D at max
Okay, as long as you understand that. The ZR bridge is a good system. But the pickups in Ibanez's tend to be pretty sucky. But pickups can be changed.

The Jackson is another decent option, but even though the pickups are aftermarket, they're EMG HZ's. Which suck. Its a fixed bridge though, so the guitar is almost maintenance free.

I have no experience with that particular Vintage guitar though,so I can't comment on that. But lots of people here think they're good for the price. It seems odd that you've specified wanting either a H/H, or H/S/H configuration, but the vintage only comes in either S/S/S or H/S/S.

Really its a matter of what kind of bridge system you want. And what sort of pickup configuration you prefer. If you've played all 3 guitars, I'll leave whatever neck profile and fretboard radius up to you, since you can actually test them.

I would also very strongly advise looking at the used market for what they have available in your price range. You could get something pretty kickass if you go used.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thanks!
Do you have any recommendation for other guitars in the same price range? I'd like to expand my options, and test some new guitars
Last edited by St.James at Jan 22, 2015,
I'd look at some fixed bridge Ibanez guitars as well, something like the RG421.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R