I have 250 quid, give or take, to make a pedalboard for a new band I'm in. I play heavy alterantive rock, kinda grungey stuff but I bit more complex. Think Royal Blood, big riffs and big sound but on a guitar. Need a Delay, Drive or Fuzz and a Tuner. Basically looking for some more expensive pedals than I curremtly own tbh not trying to be a snob. Also need to keep things small and simple as it's a 2 piece and I don't want to tap dance. Want to keep things like pedaltrain mini or jr type size.

Already have a Big Muff but it's not quite what I want. Currently have like Behringer and Boss collection and everything sounds a little too 'cheap'. I know it's grunge and all but I'm all about the tone.

Was thinking Flashback into Shin Ei fuzz clone into Boss TU?

Drop C# Gibson Les Paul (Eb for a few songs) into Micro Terror and JC 1x12. I'm all about keeping things tight and compact. No stacks or million guitars for me. I have other gear but I want simple and good.

Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
A new amp and a new cab are gonna help you a looot more with your tone than mid end pedals through your current setup.

The amp's producing 5w which aren't nearly enough for a big low end with that speaker at reharsal volumes, and the speaker itself doesn't have much low end.

Was I you I'd rather get something like a vypyr tube 60 if you're really on the cheap or save up a bit more money and get something like a dual terror (at least) or a JCA50 and a 2x12" with v30's or T75's or v12's.

EDIT: or a dual terror/JCA20H and a front ported cab, say the harley benton unloaded 1x12", where to put a v12 or a T75.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jan 22, 2015,
Delay:Boss DD-7 or whatever it's called or an MXR Carbon copy delay.
OD: Digitech Bad Monkey.
Tuner: Something by Korg would be good.

And Luca, how does the Micro Terror have 5 watts? It's 20watts.
Here are the pedals, TS, but an amp would make a bigger difference. Especially new speakers.
You could get the Orange Tiny Terror 1x12 for like 400Pound used.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Last edited by Fryderyczek at Jan 22, 2015,
If I were you, I would probably try to sell the mictro terror, and get a jet City JCA22. Can get one from Thomann for 180 quid, and a Bad Monkey overdrive for 20. Then you can be on the lookout for a used boss tuner or korg pitchblack, and a used boss dd-7. Should set you back about 300 quid maybe.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by Fryderyczek
And Luca, how does the Micro Terror have 5 watts? It's 20watts.
The thing has a class T power amp, tripath's class D design.
Amps working at voltages that low don't need output transformers, and they loose half of their nominal power for each doubling of the load impedance compared to the stated (usually 2ohm, sometimes 4ohm) source impedance.

Or, to put it more simply, the thing is rated at 20w @ 4ohm and the cab has a 16ohm input, so that's 4 x 2 x 2 = 16ohm, which means two doubling of the load impedance, which means two halving of the nominal output power, so 16 / 2 / 2 = 4w.

Also I'd much rather take a new amp over a new speaker.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
The thing has a class T power amp, tripath's class D design.
Amps working at voltages that low don't need output transformers, and they loose half of their nominal power for each doubling of the load impedance compared to the stated (usually 2ohm, sometimes 4ohm) source impedance.

Or, to put it more simply, the thing is rated at 20w @ 4ohm and the cab has a 16ohm input, so that's 4 x 2 x 2 = 16ohm, which means two doubling of the load impedance, which means two halving of the nominal output power, so 16 / 2 / 2 = 4w.

Also I'd much rather take a new amp over a new speaker.

all right, you got me. But still, If TS were to get a 4Ohm cab, he'd have 20watts.
Fly on, fly on
Guys, I've just sold a Laney VC30. I like the Micro Terror and I chose to buy it, tone is subjective and the Micro Terror is reliable and sounds good. I don't need that much power or volume. I asked a specific question so thanks to those who answered it. Those who didn't, I just wanted some opinion on new pedals not which amp ypu think sounds better personally.

I also have a lot of pedals already, a tubescreamer, EVH Crybaby, Boss DS2, SD1 to name a few. I'm not starting from scratch here and I know what I'm doing to a certain extent- I just want some advice on people that have tried those specific types of pedal

Quote by Pacifica Ocean
I don't need that much power or volume.
You though said you need low end, and you need more power if you want low end at reharsal volumes.

In fact you need more power if you even want cleans at reharsal volumes.

Get a fuzz factory if you so desperately want to keep that amp.
You might want to get a reverb but you'd want an amp with an FX loop for that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
You though said you need low end, and you need more power if you want low end at reharsal volumes.

In fact you need more power if you even want cleans at reharsal volumes.

Get a fuzz factory if you so desperately want to keep that amp.
You might want to get a reverb but you'd want an amp with an FX loop for that.

Ah sorry I should have gone into more detail- I'm ABYing the micro with a vox bass combo. Not trying to argue with anyone here.

If you have pedals then for the 250quid get some used 15-20 watt head. From your profile I saw you like indie rock and stuff so a Tiny Terror+Tubescreamer would be ideal for that.
Fly on, fly on
I don't have the pedals that I want and I've movee on from most of the bands in my profile, an update is long overdue haha. If you don't agree with the micro on a personal level that's fine but I bought it less than 2 weeks ago and love it and that's my opinion. As I said, I actually still have a Laney VC30 which I'm planning on selling to fund the pedals.

Quote by Pacifica Ocean
I don't have the pedals that I want and I've movee on from most of the bands in my profile, an update is long overdue haha. If you don't agree with the micro on a personal level that's fine but I bought it less than 2 weeks ago and love it and that's my opinion. As I said, I actually still have a Laney VC30 which I'm planning on selling to fund the pedals.

Actually I think the Micro is a great little amp. If you want to keep it then it's your choice.

But the thing is, your cab isn't really letting it go as full as it can.
As spambot said, the Micro Terror is rate @4ohms, whilst the Jet city cab is 8 mono, 16 stereo. You would need another cab and hook both with the mono input to the Micro Terror in order to unleash all of it's wattage.

EDIT:Just saw the head has 1 cab input. You need a 4ohm cab for it to work fully.
Fly on, fly on
Last edited by Fryderyczek at Jan 22, 2015,
Earthquaker Devices make some killer fuzz pedals. Tone Reaper, Dirt Transmitter, Hoof Etc. Delay Tc electronic Flashback or a Boss DD7.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
No doubt about it the Micro Terror can get pretty loud with a good cab. I wish mine wouldn't have been faulty otherwise I would've kept it. So I'll back you up there.

As far as a delay the MXR Carbon Copy just has a good warm/deep sound...great pedal.
proguitarshop.com has a lot of fuzzes on their site that I would just go through and see what you like.