So, I was trying to play Fluorescent Adolescent and there is this chord that I can play very well.

e-|---7-7-7-7--|
B-|---9-9-9-9--|
G-|---9-9-9-9--|
D-|---9-9-9-9--|
A-|---7-7-7-7--|
E-|--------------|

Ive seen that the best way is to barre the fret nine with my third finger but its impossible. I just cant do enough pressure to make the strings sound properly.

Any tips?
That chord is E major FYI.

I play these so that I barre the 7th fret with my first finger, and use the middle, ring finger and pinky to fret the 9s. (one finger for each fret) This allows me to quickly switch to other variations of the chord (for example, minor) by changing the places of the middle/ring finger/pinky.

Remember that you have to make sure that the 7th fret on the thin E string rings clearly as well. Barring the 9s with one finger can make that hard.

Whichever way you choose to fret these, if you keep practicing it daily you'll nail it in a few weeks.
Try to think of it this way: you do NOT have to barre the 7th fret hard. You only have to ensure that the A and E strings are held down. (It is a good idea to touch the bottom E and damp it too) This means you can use more of your strength to hold the 9th fret DGB strings.
Quote by PSimonR
Try to think of it this way: you do NOT have to barre the 7th fret hard. You only have to ensure that the A and E strings are held down. (It is a good idea to touch the bottom E and damp it too) This means you can use more of your strength to hold the 9th fret DGB strings.

Oh yeah, that's very true
Good advice above

It's also possible to play the three 9s with one finger if you manage to bend it properly. I use my pinky and am able to keep the high E ringing out, and I've seen people use their third finger for the same effect. Try a few ways to see what works for you.
BIG TIP: Remember, the closer to the fret wires that you can hold the strings required for each chord, the easier (less finger pressure needed) and clearer sounding the chords will be.
  weak
e ||x--|---|---|-
B ||---|---|9--|-
G ||---|---|9--|-
D ||---|---|9--|-
A ||7--|---|---|-
E ||---|---|---|-

Okay!
e ||-x-|---|---|-
B ||---|---|-9-|-
G ||---|---|-9-|-
D ||---|---|-9-|-
A ||-7-|---|---|-
E ||---|---|---|-

BETTER!!
e ||--x|---|---|-
B ||---|---|--9|-
G ||---|---|--9|-
D ||---|---|--9|-
A ||--7|---|---|-
E ||---|---|---|-
@tony, check that the "OK" version and "Better" are exactly the same lol.

To @fdnsl, basic what tony said. I too have some harsh times with barrel and I learnt to not do them properly "Better" version = using fingers 2, 3 and 4 for doing a proper chord, I just make the weak or ok version.
Quote by SrThompson
@tony, check that the "OK" version and "Better" are exactly the same lol.

Not really sure what you're trying to say? but if you're confused about the positioning of chords held within my fret diagrams, perhaps this makes it a little clearer?

Weak:
A |7--|-

Okay:
A |-7-|-

Better:
A |--7|-