Hello!

I can't downtune my guitar till I get new strings, so I was wondering, I'm learning Stabwound by Necrophagist, this song is in D standard. But my guitar is in E standard. So, without GP5 grouping the notes stupidly by just transcribing it in another tuning automatically in the program, is there a way to change the tuning of ALL stringed instruments so that it will play the exact same song, just in E tuning?

Thanks in advance!

/Anton
Change the tuning of each instrument to E standard. When the dialog pops up asking if you want it to transcribe the TAB to that tuning, select 'no'.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
If you want to do that without transcribing you have to go through each individual instrument within guitar pro, edit them and change the tunings from there.

It's been a long time since I've used GP5 though so I might be off.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The free and otherwise quite handicapped Audacity includes a useful tool that can change the pitch of recordings. I have used it in the past when I wanted to learn songs recorded with tuned down guitars. It's very useful when you want to practice a song without tuning your guitar down, which can be a hassle on Floyd Rose-equipped guitars, for example.

It's a bit more fun to play along to the album version of a song than Guitar Pro.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.