Diezel amp? Best high gain amp head for Silent recording with Torpedo Reload?

Hi there,
I'm thinking about buying a nice high gain amp head to record bright and very good quality hard rock - metal distorted sound using Two Notes Torpedo Reload alongside Wall of Sound 3's virtual cabs and mics and Logic Pro X and monitor the sound through headphones. Before doing it, I wanted to ask you a few questions:

- I've seen that Diezel amps are probably some of the best soundings amps out there. Have you heard the very distortion of any Diezel amp recorded using the Reload and Wall of Sound? I mean, I'd like to use the amp's distortion in Logic, not the distortion from a separate distortion pedal, although I suppose there are some cool distortion pedals around.

-I'm looking for a killer distorted sound that would allow me to palm mute the guitar and hear that sound clarity and robustness while playing rhythms or soloing and notice that the amp has enough gain to do so (currently, I own an amp that does not allow me to do these things and it's quite frustrating. I'll have to use it for clean/slightly overdrive sounds).

- If the diezel is not a good choice to use it with the Reload, is there another high gain amp head that would work better to achieve the sound I explained?
I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Mesa Boogie Express 5 50 - Two Notes Torpedo Reload - Apogee Duet firewire - Logic Pro X
Can you post an example of the sort of heavy sound(s) you're after? It's quite a broad spectrum of potential tones you could be chasing (the huge industrial distortion of the Rammstein rhythm sound, for example, is very different to that of Lamb of God's guitarists' big and raw rhythm tones).

I don't have experience with that particular set of gear, however I do have an Apogee Duet (1st Gen) and use Logic (albeit Pro 9). Personally, before you set about buying an expensive amp just for pre-amp recording, I think you should try a few other methods...

I record rhythm sound for all my demos, and often for the actual tracks of commercial stuff (likely to do so for upcoming album of my band), through LePou LE456 these days - to me, it's the best high gain amp sim out there when paired with a decent cabinet impulse response. What's more, it's completely free for you to download (and LeCab, which you could load cabinet impulse responses into... my favourite of which are also free, feel free to ask for help finding some).

I mean, do you play live and own a decent speaker cab? Or do you intend to run a studio at home or as a commercial business venture? If not, I think it's a bit insane to buy a high-end amp just for the sake of recording some guitar tracks at home and not for any other reason. I assure you, nobody is going to know whether you recorded through an expensive valve amp or LE456 (and a fair few other amp sims these days).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I honestly wouldn't bother spending that kind of money on a Diezel if you're not going to play it through a cab and mic it. That's just silly...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What Steve said.

I don't really agree with Derek though - mic'ing up stuff gives you more possibilities but using a loadbox and a good cab sim isn't gonna sound considerably worse and it's gonna be soooooooooooo much more convenient and time saving.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm looking for a Dream Theater guitar sound. I'm also into guitar players like Paul Gilbert, Nuno Bettencourt, Zakk Wylde, Marty Friedman, meaningful guitar soloing and the like. What I really want to do is to record really cool distortion silently at night, as I can't during the day. I intend to make my own songs, as I 've done that in the past, but I always recorded acoustic guitar music. I've always liked hard rock and melodic metal and now I really want to play and record that kind of music. So getting a real cab would be an option, but all my neighbours and the police would soon be waiting for me outside after the first chord on the guitar at 11 o'clock at night, I'm sure
Back to the sound, I currently own an amp that does not allow me to get a similar sound to that of the music I listen to. It's a Mesa Boogie Express 5 50, which sounds pretty cool, but it's perfect for clean sound. So that's why I asked about a high gain amp like the Diezel. Perhaps it's not worth spending such a ridiculous amount of money on an amp like it. The thing is that I really like the sound of a real amp and the Torpedo Reload Loadbox captures its sound really well, so I thought it would be a good idea to record the distortion of a real high gain amp on Logic. But I'll try the Lepou stuff for sure. I've seen a few videos and wow, some of them are quite impressive.
Thanks!!
You sound like you could use a mark V.

Also I'm not sure the clean section of the mark V is the same pre as the lone star.
If it isn't then try one (so you can get that for cleans and sell the express )
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.