so im trying to open steam and i click on it and nothing is happening...no loading or anything? i already opened task manager and its not running in the background or anything. this has happened more than once in a few months already the **** is going on

i love paying for games and not being able to play
pinga
That's one reason I hate steam. Why can't I just buy a game and download it to my desktop like with regular purchased games?
Quote by Wormholes
That's one reason I hate steam. Why can't I just buy a game and download it to my desktop like with regular purchased games?
gog.com is what you need
ggg1 ggg3

Did you go into processes and look for Steam? For me it will usually be in there and I'll have to end the process and start again. Otherwise just reset your computer.

Also we have a gaming thread, nerd.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
^ did that and it worked. i was just looking at the open tabs my bad. still weird and annoying how it does that tho
pinga
Quote by captaincrunk
you can still have icons on your desktop for the games...

i also clicked the icon for the game itself and it behaved the same. not to mention when you open the game directly, steam still automatically launches.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
i also clicked the icon for the game itself and it behaved the same. not to mention when you open the game directly, steam still automatically launches.

yeah that's fine but I was talking to someone complaining about layout
go into your steam folder (in programs), delete everything except for your steamapps folder (this has your games) and steam.exe, run steam and it will redownload steam and you'll still have your games and it'll probably work. It doesn't take too long to re-download.