Pic First:

My pedalboard is finally complete! (For now....)

So what the hell is this? It's a TS808 clone built by Gojira FX. Who are Gojira FX? A company in Scotland run by two people, Scott and Angie, who build boutique effects pedals and sell them through their Facebook page . Heard about them from another local musician, caught a sale, and ordered this. Their little gimmick is that you send them any image you want and they will print it on a heavy gauge label and stick it on for you.

Got this for a total of $120 with shipping. A little less than a new Maxon 808.

Overall the pedal sounds great. Takes my VH100R from that blurry line between rock and metal and pushes it to full Mastodonian bliss. From what I understand it's more or less the same circuit as the original 808 with a symmetrical/asymmetrical switch added. I have volume (Top Left) full, Tone (Top Right) a bit on the bassy side, Drive (Bottom Left) with a touch of dirt and the switch on symmetrical. Love it. Great pedal.

However.... I was quoted a one month build time.... on July 26, 2014....

I can understand a little bit of the delay. They ran a lot of fire sales, got backed up, have been dealing with troubles getting their website up. But 6 ....in' months almost to the day? Overall I wouldn't have been so mad about the wait if they were straight up with me. But I was given a lot of "Oh, we'll have it out by the end of the month...". I didn't even see a picture of the finished product until December 17th. Then it wasn't shipped until January 16th.

They threw in a Option Knob and offered me a hefty discount on my next build, but I was seriously about to ask for my money back on this one. On the upside Angie, who is in charge of taking orders and the sales side, was very understanding with me.

Overall review: 4.5/5, minus one star for customer service, 3.5/5.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Sucks about the horrible wait time but at least you finally got it, HNPD! Was the Rasputin pic from them or you?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I just found a pic on google and sent it to them with an overlay of the pedal template they sent me. I really wanted the on/off light aligned with the eye.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Was the tubescreamer and tuner in the Pod not up to scratch?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Was the tubescreamer and tuner in the Pod not up to scratch?

I run it in the FX loop. If I run 4 cable method a lot of high end gets cut off. It's on my board as more of an M9/M13 plus a volume pedal, and if my amp ever shits out I have a backup to my whole rig going direct FOH.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Oh ok - and the tuner? Why's that there?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I just like it. Using the tuner on the POD doesn't cut out 100% of the sound. Then again neither does having the volume pedal all the way back. I get this really low can of bees distorted sound. Still trying to figure that one out
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Fair enough. Well, HNPD.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters