I have a Peavey 6505+ 112 and i just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and Cubase to record. My amp has an "Integrated MSDI™ microphone-simulated XLR direct interface" and I'm wondering if i just plug into the Scarlett from there and play or will that damage the amp or Scarlett?

I've read about DI boxes but would i need one as long as i leave the speaker in my amp plugged in?
You should be able to play just direct from the MSDI out to the Scarlett, but my friend has the same amp, tried that and it sounds mediocre at best.

BUT DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RUN THAT AMP WITHOUT THE SPEAKER PLUGGED IN! Bad shit happens. Fire, smoke, tears.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The MSDI out sounds like an actual cab being miced. Check out The Tone King's Valveking video. In it, he shows the MSDI in use and it sounds like an actual miked amp.
Bands I like: Acceptance, Ivoryline, Mae, Coheed and Cambria, Breaking Benjamin, Megadeth, Trapt, Staind, Crossfade, and of course Rush!

Guitars: Schecter 2002 Diamond Series C-1
Quote by readypembroke
The MSDI out sounds like an actual bad sounding cab being miced with a bad mic.
FTFY.

You may do that TS, but you're much better off using a mic (if you have the time and money to get a decent mic, learn to position it right and mix it) or with amp sims.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
FTFY.

You may do that TS, but you're much better off using a mic (if you have the time and money to get a decent mic, learn to position it right and mix it) or with amp sims.

+1

I've tried it one time with mine and it sounded utterly terrible. Doesn't sound AT ALL like the tone you get through the speaker. Even a cheap mic placed badly sounds better.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood