i love the bands tones that use one, i love the sims in amplitube 3, but man that are crazy expensive, the lowest ive seen is thunders for like $800 lol, any other options similar and much cheaper?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jan 23, 2015,
Get a Randall RM, I'm sure there's a module for that. If you can find an RM20 they're very cheap (in price only), very nice amps. Comes stock with a Greenback, built-in boost plus presence and the very useful "Density" control.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
As far as I know, there's not too many Engl emulations out there. Engl also seems to have their own sound like Mesa/Boogie, Marshall, Fender, etc.

But maybe I'm just wrong and there's tons of clones out there
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by lucky1978
Get a Randall RM, I'm sure there's a module for that. If you can find an RM20 they're very cheap (in price only), very nice amps. Comes stock with a Greenback, built-in boost plus presence and the very useful "Density" control.

The only MTS module I know is the salvation mods Angel E, and it's like 300 bucks. I've seen RM50s and RM100s go for under $400 used. For some reason, the prices are incredibly varied on the RMs. Maybe Guitar Centers don't know what their worth I wouldn't bother going with the RM20 unless you are completely fine with just one channel.

You can get an Engl E530 preamp for like $350 (used obviously) and tag it up with a nice tube combo amp as the power amp. I've gotten my 50 watt Valveking for $100. You now have a two channel Engl with 50 watts of 6L6GC power into a 1x12 for under $500. That's not a bad deal at all, and one day I wouldn't be surprised if it's what I'm running.

However what I am running is in my sig. These AMT pedals are effing awesome. If you are going really really cheap, then go the AMT route. You can get the AMT E1, E2, or E-drive. The E2 is the best in terms of features, but costs more. All three are essentially the same tonally, but the E1 and E2 are meant to be preamps while the Drive is a distortion pedal. I got the E1 for $90 and it was easily worth every penny.

I know how you feel OP, Engls are amazing and if I could have any rig in the world it would be a Fireball and an AC30. I wish they would half of an E530 for half the price
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Salvation mods has a Module Called Angel E, which is based off of the Engl amps. It just doesn't say which one on their site.

EDIT:TS, if you want an ENGL then only an Engl will satisfy your needs.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Last edited by Fryderyczek at Jan 23, 2015,
Quote by romeozdistress
i love the bands tones that use one, i love the sims in amplitube 3, but man that are crazy expensive, the lowest ive seen is thunders for like $800 lol, any other options similar and much cheaper?
Cheapest ENGL that sounds like an ENGL is the fireball 60, though even that's pretty expensive.

For now, satisfy your cravings ditching amplitube and going for LePou456.
It sounds hella better and it's free.
Quote by tas38
You can get an Engl E530 preamp for like $350 (used obviously) and tag it up with a nice tube combo amp as the power amp. I've gotten my 50 watt Valveking for $100. You now have a two channel Engl with 50 watts of 6L6GC power into a 1x12 for under $500.
Yes, definitely.

Though TS, mind that big part of the ENGL sound (tightness) comes from the power amp, so it still won't sound THAT much like an ENGL.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Salvation mods has a Module Called Angel E, which is based off of the Engl amps. It just doesn't say which one on their site.
Sounds quite like an e530 to me.

Still, that would be as expensive as an ENGL.
Quote by Fryderyczek
EDIT:TS, if you want an ENGL then only an Engl will satisfy your needs.
As much as it hurts me to write this, I concur.

Only amps that has the characteristics of ENGL's are either ENGL's or more expensive amps.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i'd suggest a 6505 or a bugera for even cheaper than that.
LTD EC-1000 CTM
Peavey / Marshall / HM-2 / SKB
Dealbreaker
A 6505 is the completely different sound to that of an ENGL.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Well completely different is exaggerated, it really depends on the ENGL.
A savage or a steve morse signature will sound similar, though not really the same as, a 6505.

If you're talking the trademark ENGL, hella tight, german shape EQ, switching and so on, then I must agree with the guy up here - it's a completely different sound.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I've been getting my Engl fill (or is it actually making the feeling worse :-)) from Peavey Revalver 4. They have a PowerBall II emulation that's been getting most of my practice time lately. It comes in their Metal pack for $22 or you can play it with a tone every so often for free.

Now an Engl Savage emulation would be really cool!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
peavey 6505 with a mxr 10 band in the loop. eq it right and it should be tighter. maybe a ts-9 as well. boom. tight as shit.
LTD EC-1000 CTM
Peavey / Marshall / HM-2 / SKB
Dealbreaker
yeah i just use amplitube 3 because its easier than messing with reaper lol, i already downloaded the lepou stuff. not really well versed on how it works lol.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
what do you guys think of the engl sims in the line 6 hd400 and 500s?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
E530 and a decent SS poweramp, or if you have a head just plug it in the loop in. or buy a SS poweramp.

i have seen the preamps pretty cheap, SS poweramps are pretty cheap.

it would be an engl and that is the cheapest way.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by diabolical
Seriously?

off of curosity, what do you think about my idea ^ (post 15)

i am actually curious for myself as well. i could make a cab for it and use my blue voodoo as the poweramp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ good idea did just this with my mesa pre amp for awhile till I got my rectoverb worked great.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by trashedlostfdup
E530 and a decent SS poweramp, or if you have a head just plug it in the loop in. or buy a SS poweramp.

i have seen the preamps pretty cheap, SS poweramps are pretty cheap.

it would be an engl and that is the cheapest way.
It would work, but a considerable part of the sound of an ENGL comes from the power amp, so it would work but it wouldn't really have that trademark ENGL sound.
Quote by diabolical
Seriously?
You really seem a nihilist - you never even bother elaborating on why digital stuff isn't good in your opinion, you simply bash it.

Next time go further than "it doesn't sound natural for shit" and " " please.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Isn't Bugera making an Engl clone now.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well I don't know what diabolical has been playing, but a pod hd has a really nice Engl Fireball sim. One of the better amp models of the unit.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Isn't Bugera making an Engl clone now.
It's supposed to be making a fireball-inspired amp, though the power section uses EL84's, which I wouldn't put in a tight high gain amp for sure ('cause they really don't make a power section tight and they're too sparkly), and the fireball is among the less tight ENGL's.

An e530 would be better imo.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
It's supposed to be making a fireball-inspired amp, though the power section uses EL84's, which I wouldn't put in a tight high gain amp for sure ('cause they really don't make a power section tight and they're too sparkly), and the fireball is among the less tight ENGL's.

An e530 would be better imo.

Wait what? Where? There is no Engl inspired amp in their 2015 line-up that I can see. Are you mixing it with Joyo Mjolnir, which may (still unknown) be based on Ironball?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
^ oops, yeah, I was talking about the joyo one, sorry.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola