I bought a Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt recently. Now I know its a cheap practise amp. But in general can someone tell me the best way I could get a djent tone on this amp. The problem is the chords in the higher registers sound muddy any way I try. Would help if some one could share their setting in the following way:
Gain 3o'clock
Bass 11 o'clock
Mids 1 o'clock
Treble 5 o'clock
(^ My current settings for Megadeth tone)

Thank You.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by NakedInTheRain
mids high, treble medium, bass low, gain medium, volume full.
This is the closest you'll get to that tone.

You may possibly wanna raise the bass a bit to compensate for the small sounding speakers.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Getting Misha's holy grail of a tone through a Spider- a challenging proposition.

(Clock Positions) Bass 4, Mids maxed, Treble 2. Set your amp to a mildly thick crunch. Use a clean boost to thicken up your tone even more and increase the volume/punch of your attack transient (Misha has his own "Attack Overdrive" pedal just for this). A compressor also helps to boost the attack transient depending on your comp's abilities, and it smooth your tone. Set a noise gate to an extremely high attack time/threshold and minimal trail afterwards so that you have a quick punch upon playing, and then emptiness upon muting.

For the chords/leads, turn off the clean boost then activate an overdrive with a slight volume cut, or a slight boost for solos. If you don't have a clean boost, comp, noise gate, and overdrive, you won't get very far.

I presume you don't have any of those (and presuming the on-board amp effects stink) so just set your amp to those settings and chug away. Work with it a bit. Happy tone chasing c:
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 23, 2015,
For future reference I got a pretty close djent tone(distorted)

Drive - 12 o'clock
Bass - 11 o'clock
Mids - 5 o'clock (full)
Treble - 4 o'clock

and the tone sounds pretty heavy too
Use the INSANE channel, but cut the gain down somewhere between 9oclock to 12oclock. Use the above mentioned settings and that should get you close. I recommend plugging and playing the spider with Headphones. It sounds really good (for what it is), and you might be surprised. Dont bother buying any pedals or anything for it
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69