Page 1 of 2
Why so many people start hating on Spider-Man 1 & 2 when The Amazing Spider-Man series came out? What's the problem with watching the first two SM movies with a different cast, origin story and visual effects?

Spider-Man 1 & 2 are spectacular and entertaining superhero movies with brilliant screenplays. These movies also has charming and brimming acting performances from the dazzling cast, incredible directing my Sam Raimi. Epic and impressive visuals and a satisfying message about Peter Parker learning to use his abilities to their fullest potential instead of giving them up in order to live a normal life and in order to do what is right he has to be steady and giving up the things he wants the most, even his dreams. And he had to learn for himself that "with great power there must also come great responsibility". The movies does followed to Marvel comics.

As for The Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield, that movie sucked hard. It had terrible origin story, Peter Parker/Spider-Man being an @$$hole, bad visuals and crappy screenplay. First of all, Garfield cannot act. Secondly, it doesn't come close to comics. I just felt like the reboot was absolutely unnecessary.

People that dislike the first two movies w/ Tobey Maguire must be Andrew Garfield fanoys/girls and have bad taste in movies.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Yeah I liked that first one with Maguire for sure. Saw first Amazing Spider-Man and felt shafted as it offered nothing of substance, just upgraded aesthetics. I didn't bother with the sequel.
I enjoyed all 3 but that might be childish nostalgia cloaking my mind
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
The first two are alright but very cheeesy. The first rebooted one is also alright. The second rebooted one and the third original one are both among the worst films I have ever seen.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yeah, first 3 were alright.

Moar Kirsten Dunst in movies already
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I honestly can't even hate the reboots because there is nothing there to hate. It's just committee written bland film making at its absolute height. I guess that's fine and dandy for some people as long as they throw in set ups for 50 unnecessary Spider-Man spin-offs.

Nobody actually wants a Black Cat or Venom spin-off film.
I just find it very, very difficult to enjoy superhero films as a whole if I'm honest.

I know this might seem cliche, but the only ones I genuinely like a lot are Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The first two are alright but very cheeesy. The first rebooted one is also alright. The second rebooted one and the third original one are both among the worst films I have ever seen.

These's nothing cheesy about the first two movies. What's the point?
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
What's your point mate?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i preferred the maguire one. never saw any of the sequels though.
i don't know why i feel so dry
mcguire was a proper #sadboy tho

andrew garfield is the worst thing on the planet he should be in mortdecai

Yeah I've never even seen the reboot. The first two were fine by me. As was said though I don't really swallow the whole superhero tripe like 80% of my generation seems to. Don't really care for shitty movies I guess.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
oh well I hate it because I hate spiderman. I barely tolerate marvel as is, but spiderman is just too much.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by homeless-john
Nobody actually wants a Black Cat or Venom spin-off film.

I for one would love to see Venom and Carnage duke it out. I don't even care if the movies good. I've wanted to see symbiote battles since I was a kid and I'm still pissed off about Venom in Spiderman 3. He didn't do anything. Also Eric Foreman? Wtf.
eh, i don't get the superhero and zombie/apocalypse fad in general

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
eh, i don't get the superhero and zombie/apocalypse fad in general

I can't get the zombie genre either (I liked the book World War Z though, it felt unconventional and realistic), but superhero films can be pretty wonderful. Like the Captain 'Murica film last year: it's like a modern 007/Jason Bourne action flick with a dose of politics, where the bonus is that a couple of the main characters have powers. Awesome combo that keeps ur adrenaline high and dick erect.

But trash like Amazing Spider-Man 2 is what we should have gotten over a decade ago.

The Maguire films capture the spirit of the comics much more accurately and are quite good.
Quote by Jyrgen
I can't get the zombie genre either (I liked the book World War Z though, it felt unconventional and realistic), but superhero films can be pretty wonderful. Like the Captain 'Murica film last year: it's like a modern 007/Jason Bourne action flick with a dose of politics, where the bonus is that a couple of the main characters have powers. Awesome combo that keeps ur adrenaline high and dick erect.

But trash like Amazing Spider-Man 2 is what we should have gotten over a decade ago.

The Maguire films capture the spirit of the comics much more accurately and are quite good.

I could get behind the politics and Bond-y stuff but I think the superpowers stuff is not for me. I've always enjoyed seeing everyday men and women achieving great things rather than seeing superheroes do it. Working class heroes if you will. It's probably the reason why I usually like war and guerrilla fighting films.

But then again apart from seeing a trailer or two on the YouTube homepage I rarely have to come in contact with the superhero stuff so I can't really complain.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I've only seen the Maguire ones.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Spiderman 2 was one of the best superhero films ever made. Straight up.
Check out my band Disturbed
Maguire was a bad Spider-Man.

new guy does the wise-cracking, smart-assery that was seemingly forgotten when they made the first 3 movies.

semi-related: i was actually glad to hear that Raimi admits he screwed up a lot of stuff. doesn't excuse the shit he's been churning out for years now, but it gives me a small amount of hope for future projects. (not much, but still)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I didn't realize people started trashing the first two. I thought they were pretty universally liked.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

new guy does the wise-cracking, smart-assery that was seemingly forgotten when they made the first 3 movies.

semi-related: i was actually glad to hear that Raimi admits he screwed up a lot of stuff. doesn't excuse the shit he's been churning out for years now, but it gives me a small amount of hope for future projects. (not much, but still)

except the smart assery wasn't witty or funny so much as it was just straight up annoying and they forgot to make him a proper nerd which is 900x a more important trait when it comes to peter parker

Quote by MinterMan22
except the smart assery wasn't witty or funny so much as it was just straight up annoying and they forgot to make him a proper nerd which is 900x a more important trait when it comes to peter parker

#notasadboy #doesnteveneatass #probablylikesrevival #rumblewithspiderman
probably because he is one of the biggest bitches in movie history in the first 2
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I could get behind the politics and Bond-y stuff but I think the superpowers stuff is not for me. I've always enjoyed seeing everyday men and women achieving great things rather than seeing superheroes do it. Working class heroes if you will. It's probably the reason why I usually like war and guerrilla fighting films.

But then again apart from seeing a trailer or two on the YouTube homepage I rarely have to come in contact with the superhero stuff so I can't really complain.

Yes jam superheroes are capitalist hegemonic oppressors and they are the real villains of their own story. #NormalHeroPls
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by MinterMan22

no.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The only good thing Tobey Maguire has ever done is the fake movie preview with Robert Downey Jr before Tropic Thunder
Him and that girl just aren't good actors and the films just weren't good even by cliche standards. I haven't seen TASM either.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Tobey did quite a bit wise-cracking in the first movie, but it was toned down way too much in 2 and 3. Tobey also did a much better Peter Parker IMO, I could never really totally accept Garfield as Peter.
Page 1 of 2