hi,

i want to tune my nylon string guitar a whole step down to D-G-C-F-A-D and i'm looking for strings that won't get too flabby. does anyone have experience with this and/or recommendations?

why do i wanna do this?
for singing purposes and i like the full sound it produces.

guitar: Martinez: MSCC-14OV
I keep a classical guitar permanently in standard D for precisely the same reasons.

I use La Bella 850B-HT. These are high tension strings with bronzewound basses and carbon black trebles. Great sounding, long-lasting strings and reasonably priced.
I think anything labled hard/high tension should do you good. I just put a set of D'Addario classic hard tension on my classical and, while I play in standard, it felt good while stopping at D standard on the way up.
Quote by Czily
thanks! i'll try the La Bella 850B-HT next!

I hope you like them.

PS. Make sure it's the 850B-HT you buy (La Bella also do a 850B set which has a lower tension)
i got the 850B-HT now - exactly what i needed! extremely well playable in standard d and the carbon and gold alloy strings add a lot of visual style as well. i only got them for a day now but they look and feel quite durable.

thanks very much for the suggestion!

/thread, i guess
Quote by Czily
i got the 850B-HT now - exactly what i needed! extremely well playable in standard d and the carbon and gold alloy strings add a lot of visual style as well. i only got them for a day now but they look and feel quite durable.

thanks very much for the suggestion!

/thread, i guess

Excellent. I'm glad you like them. They do look good and those bronze-wound basses last a lot longer than traditional silver-plated copper.