I've been interested in purchasing an ISP Decimator II G string for some time now but my amp currently does not have an effects loop, with that being said. Will this pedal still work in front of the amp as would the Decimator II? And if it does how so?
You'd be better off with the normal deximator II. The G string is designed for FX loops (I have one and it kicks ass!) don't quote me on this but I think for the G string you can either put the noisey pedals in the loop OR just use a patch cable between the FX In and out's.
Not really worth doing that though, just get the normal Decimator II
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2
Quote by TheLazer
You'd be better off with the normal deximator II. The G string is designed for FX loops (I have one and it kicks ass!) don't quote me on this but I think for the G string you can either put the noisey pedals in the loop OR just use a patch cable between the FX In and out's.
Not really worth doing that though, just get the normal Decimator II

Thanks I'll probably just get the decimator II then, as far as placement of the pedal is concerned, where is the best location for it for optimum performance?
After dirt/EQ/Tone altering (Compressor for example) pedals but before time based (Delay, reverb and such) and modulation pedals.